recent ohio finds

creek astronaut

Bronze Member
Feb 16, 2009
fairfield county,ohio
got out for a nice hunt in the rain and mud yesterday.found mostly scrapers and brokes,but it was fun.
found last week
0722091127a-1.jpg

0728091523.jpg

yesterday
0729091626.jpg

0729091704.jpg

other than two points this all from yesterday
greg-rocksartifactcollection463.jpg

2nd,3rd,4th row are all brokes
greg-rocksartifactcollection465.jpg

scrapers and unifaced knives
greg-rocksartifactcollection464.jpg

the two points found last week.best of yesterdays hunt,hafted scraper, knife,hafted chisel

greg-rocksartifactcollection467.jpg

biscuit discoidal
greg-rocksartifactcollection468.jpg

a nice uniface
greg-rocksartifactcollection469.jpg

wish these werent broke
greg-rocksartifactcollection466.jpg

Upvote 0
Would you be interested in trading or selling a few of the broken pieces that seem to have a reddish hue?

Thanks.

I am interested in these two...

Name your price.

Attachments

• reddish.jpg
    reddish.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 285
You always have the nicest material.Good looking stuff. I bet you left some nice foot prints in that field. Makes it easier when you go back. I see my foot prints and try to turn in another direction where I have not walked,lol. You have found a lot this year. Nice hunt.

Regards,
TnMountains

thx all for the nice comments.
TnMountains said:
You always have the nicest material.Good looking stuff. I bet you left some nice foot prints in that field. Makes it easier when you go back. I see my foot prints and try to turn in another direction where I have not walked,lol. You have found a lot this year. Nice hunt.

Regards,
TnMountains
I left some real good prints dude.I even marked where I left off.I am going back this evening. Pik and I got permission to hunt 4 different fields only seperated by woods or a tree line.have never hunted this field.all the fields are pretty big and it takes a while to hunt each one,especially now that there is corn in them.kinda wishing I had hunted this field before it got planted.yea i like to start on one end and work my way acrossed it row by row.this field has more material on the ground than I have ever seen in a field,and thats saying alot for this area.probably 10 flakes for every square foot if i had to guess,its almost too much look at(i am not complaining).very slow going.good luck richard if you get out this weekend. :thumbsup:

Wish i could go with you maybe sat or sun been itchn. Was going to hit creek this morning but it poured rain last nite water up and muddy.I'll get canoe 2nite for you...

pik said:
Wish i could go with you maybe sat or sun been itchn. Was going to hit creek this morning but it poured rain last nite water up and muddy.I'll get canoe 2nite for you...
yea i figured the creeks would be up after the rain last nite.cant wait to canoe that creek water should be down by tomorrow or sunday.I know there is some more killers layed up in there.want to try and canoe a 8 mile stretch sun up to sun down.shells going to shuttle me or us if you go. :headbang:

You are the man walking that tall planted corn. If you could get down to knee level you might see a couple of rows. It was slow this weekend but we planed it that way. Storming now.

where the heck do u find a plowed field in august, lol.

Really nice! Thanks for the pictures. Do you know I have a book called "oklahoma artifacts", and it has a page full of beautiful colorful points, all from OHIO?!? Siggghhh, ::) Oh well, glad someone is finding them. Really.

Naturegirl

TnMountains said:
You are the man walking that tall planted corn. If you could get down to knee level you might see a couple of rows. It was slow this weekend but we planed it that way. Storming now.
it was a slow weekend for me too.did find some stuff,havent had a chance to post yet,our computer went down last weekend and just got it fixed today.kinda been having tn withdrawl.lol.yea the first time i ever hunted when i was a kid was in very tall corn and i could see three rows pretty good.now that is too hard on my 40 year old back.if the rows are wide i dont mind the corn much at all.better than not hunting.I also wear clear safety glasses that helps keep the leaves from poking my eyeballs out.

naturegirl said:
Really nice! Thanks for the pictures. Do you know I have a book called "oklahoma artifacts", and it has a page full of beautiful colorful points, all from OHIO?!? Siggghhh, ::) Oh well, glad someone is finding them. Really.

Naturegirl
thats interesting,guess the okies like the ohio stuff also.thx naturegirl,i will have some more stuff posted soon.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back