What's new

Recent silver penny find

oldsoapy

Hero Member
Joined
May 28, 2007
Messages
537
Reaction score
863
Golden Thread
5
Location
uk
🥇 Banner finds
5
Detector(s) used
garret ads 1. plus T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this one a couple of weeks ago bent and folded in two. but after heating and then quenching in cold water and teasing apart little by little about 5 or 6 times, it ended up like this.
l was quite pleased with the result.
Richard the 1st . by Ricard of London class 3.
 

Attachments

  • 470 (Small).webp
    470 (Small).webp
    10.3 KB · Views: 147
  • 471 (Small).webp
    471 (Small).webp
    22.5 KB · Views: 151
Upvote 22
Excellent annealing work there. That is a great restore.

-Skippy
 
Congrats on the great penny save. Looks good.
 
Great work! Do you think it was folded for a reason because it was bend exact in half?
 
Great work! Do you think it was folded for a reason because it was bend exact in half?

I was told that they were bent over on a piece of string so as not to loose them, but l don't know if that is true or correct. but l had a certain satisfaction in being able to flatten it allowing me to identify it. cheers. Hutch.
 
Not one you see every day :thumbsup: I have heard about the string theory before, and would agree on this occasion.

SS
 
Yes, I heard of the leather cord theory as well. (from a guy that mints repro's with dies he makes). If you think about it, its a much safer way to hide your money instead of it hanging in sight off your belt.

I think I only have 1 Richard - Great catch!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom