What's new

Recently found

sandchip

Silver Member
Joined
Oct 29, 2010
Messages
4,374
Reaction score
6,934
Golden Thread
0
Location
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got out for a couple of hours the other day. So late in the day that I started not to go, but glad I did now. Also found a couple of bottles (in other section).

bigsandy.webp
 
Upvote 0
Well mine has a twist in the blade like a Bolen does. This is the site frame all of these were found in a 30 ft radius with some brokes. I am looking forward to checking it again when it gets cold and they pull the cotton. I was told Bolen on it but who knows. Bottom right is a piece of a Banner.
 

Attachments

  • SDC11115.webp
    SDC11115.webp
    809.6 KB · Views: 100
Not really wanting to take the thread off track but just want to say the "twist" that is associated with Bolen projectile points is a symptom of beveling on alternate sides that is a way of sharpening the blade that reduces the amount of width loss.. It's an early archaic trait that's not reserved for that point type alone
 
Well mine has a twist in the blade like a Bolen does. This is the site frame all of these were found in a 30 ft radius with some brokes. I am looking forward to checking it again when it gets cold and they pull the cotton. I was told Bolen on it but who knows. Bottom right is a piece of a Banner.

Wow. That is some beautiful material!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom