What's new

Reckon this is a error coin?

texan connection

Silver Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2006
Messages
4,565
Reaction score
79
Golden Thread
0
Location
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x
I dont know if this was molested or a error what do you think??
 

Attachments

  • DSCN0234.webp
    DSCN0234.webp
    4.2 KB · Views: 535
  • DSCN0235.webp
    DSCN0235.webp
    5.6 KB · Views: 548
  • DSCN0234.webp
    DSCN0234.webp
    4.2 KB · Views: 533
  • DSCN0235.webp
    DSCN0235.webp
    5.6 KB · Views: 544
it looks like someone took a steel pipe, placed it over the dime, and pounded on it with a hammer.
 
Upvote 0
Looks like post mint damage to me.
 
Upvote 0
It looks heated but compressed around the rim, or maybe the rim could just take the heat better
 
Upvote 0
It looks like one of those coins beat with a spoon to make a ring. You could try googling spooned coins. It could also have been in a water pump or dryer for awhile. It does look heated. I had some pennies warp up from sitting on my dash in the Florida sun. http://coinauctionshelp.com/page15.html
 

Attachments

  • spooned dime.webp
    spooned dime.webp
    112.8 KB · Views: 470
  • SpoonedCentObv300px.webp
    SpoonedCentObv300px.webp
    19 KB · Views: 456
  • spooned dime.webp
    spooned dime.webp
    112.8 KB · Views: 451
  • SpoonedCentObv300px.webp
    SpoonedCentObv300px.webp
    19 KB · Views: 457
Upvote 0
I would say not error.
 
Upvote 0
Thanks BC and all. Im thinking it was just heated up
 
Upvote 0
TEXAN Connection said:
Thanks BC and all. Im thinking it was just heated up
I guess its not spooned because I can see the reeded edge. I would say heated. I had two pennies do the same but dont know where they are.

Green check?
 
Upvote 0
I wouldn't mention more than a little of the mysterious circumstances of it's discovery,
but you could give it a run on evil-bay and perhaps get a fortune for it ! ;D
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom