What's new

Recognize type or material??

tomclark

Bronze Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2006
Messages
1,184
Reaction score
1,643
Golden Thread
0
Location
Tampa Bay, FL
Detector(s) used
ShadowX2, TEJON, Eyes, Pony Shovel
Primary Interest:
Other
Anyone ever see this material or a point type like it??? When I was about 12 I was helping my father paint the inside of a house in NJ where an archaeologist lived. During lunch I got real excited and he gave me this point, I've had it for over 46 years or so and never remembered what he said except it was a nice one. LOL. Doesn't even look like any material, type or work from the US I've ever seen. Basal thinning, pretty good work, the very tip looks like it has a burin.......






Ever see such a thang??
 
Upvote 0
thanks for sharing,now im going to have to go through my rocks i think i may have that material
 
not sure on the type but in southeastern PA we have yellow jasper mines . They are usually yellow ,brown, orange , or red if it was heated up.
 
Looks like Jasper to me, type may be a Guilford round base. Nice story and a great artifact, thanks for the view.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom