What's new

recommend a good camera?

IDdesertman

Full Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2007
Messages
179
Reaction score
211
Golden Thread
0
Location
Boise, Idaho
Detector(s) used
GPX4500, Gold Bugs
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I see alot of great pictures on this site and some of them are really good quality pictures of coins, like where people are able to take a close up photo of the "L" in Liberty, and it turns out clear. I want to get a good camera like this but don't know anything about electronics. My only thought is that I dont want to pay $1000 if $500 will do(or less)... Any recommendations? Thanks!
 
IDdesertman,

lot out there in the $100 - $150 range ,
if most of your work will be snapshots or
close ups.

I use a Canon A1000is, in the above range.
Not a big camera nut; just want something
I can use for some close up and snapshots
out in the field, (small size fits anywhere and
keeps it safe out in the woods).

Best Buy will let you try the camera out ;D and see if
the macro, (closeups), fit your needs.

Check Best Buy lots of deals now.

have a good un.....
SHERMANVILLE
 
My problem has been the trashing of my cameras in the first two years I get them. Well, so far my experience has been limited to Fuji, which is supposedly supposed to be a good camera. My dau sent me one for Mother's Day 3-4 years ago, and it turned into a zebra display a couple of years later, but I hadn't used it very much. Well.... I went and bought another one, upgraded, last year, and after a few months the pics began to be very fuzzy. I chucked it. Did some research and found that if you aim it too much at the sunlight, it can fry the gizzards of it. As for the blurrying of the second one, I don't know. Haven't bought another one yet. Let me know what you find to be a good one, will ya? -Noodle
 
IDdesertman,

just an example of a close up with my
Canon A1000is; lots of camera will do even better,
but this works for me.

$5dollar bill:
 

Attachments

  • 5one (Small).webp
    5one (Small).webp
    24.6 KB · Views: 239
  • 5three (Small).webp
    5three (Small).webp
    47.1 KB · Views: 241
I recently bought an olympus fe-330. I like it a lot. Wally world about $150. $25 for the memory chip. I purchased a second battery at the same time for $25.
macro shots and video. Only drawback is it has a rechargable battery and has to be taken out to charge, Not like we are not used to doing this with our md's. My reason for the second battery.
Joe

PB080017.webp
PB080017.webp
 

Attachments

  • PB080020.webp
    PB080020.webp
    120.7 KB · Views: 229
I like the Sony T series.
I have had a T-200 for a year now and love it.
indexCA5QR0ZW.webp
indexCAO9XG8Y.webp
The latest is the T-700 I think :icon_scratch: They keep making new ones :P . If you can find a used T-200 it should be cheaper
DSC-T200 (September 2007, 3.5" touch panel LCD, 8.1 megapixel, 5x optical zoom)
DSC-T300 (March 2008, 3.5" touch panel LCD, 10.1 megapixel, 5x optical zoom)
DSC-T500 (October 2008, 3.5" touch panel LCD, 10.1 megapixel, 5x optical zoom, 720p HD Movies)
DSC-T700 (September 2008, 3.5" touch panel LCD, 4 GB internal memory , 10.1 megapixel, 4x optical zoom)
The Sony cameras have magnifying glass mode, a sort of zoomed macro mode.
Great for close up shots.

Here is a post with pics.

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,119168.0.html

HH,
Donny

Let me know if you want to see some more pics
 

Attachments

  • indexCAO9XG8Y.webp
    indexCAO9XG8Y.webp
    14.6 KB · Views: 239
  • indexCA5QR0ZW.webp
    indexCA5QR0ZW.webp
    7.4 KB · Views: 230
That Sony has got to be the cat's meow. If you can find it at a decent price. The way the economy is, it might be the right time to spend a little bit of the MD stash.
 
If you want to spend a little more, I use a Nikon d40x. http://vaparkway.com/ct.jpg (make sure you click the picture to zoom in to) there's a picture of a dollar I took, It's a little large so you might have to wait a second. They go for around 600-500.
 
The Nikon Coolpix S550 does a really good job for me! You have to push the button to focus when you take the pic but thats no biggy! :) For $250 its sweet! 10mp, 5x zoom cabibilites and a nice screen really makes it worth the extra money! :thumbsup:
 
Hi ....I use a Pentax Optio 450 4 million pixies 5 optical zoom and 10times digital zoom, but the most important feature for me on this camara is the super macro feature that I use for my coin pictures, you should be able to pick one of these up for about $200.
 

Attachments

  • groats 015.webp
    groats 015.webp
    99.1 KB · Views: 170
sibershot is what I use
 
djabend, that pic of the ball point pen is impressive! That kind of close up is exactly what I was looking for... I'tt definately have to check out the t-series.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom