Recon mission today with a couple of short rants

flatbutton

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2013
Eastern N.C.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Tesoro Sand Shark,Nautilus DMC 1, Garrett Grand Master Hunter,Garrett Master Hunter 5 , Whites Coinmaster 5000/D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Took a little ride today to check out some of my old sites. One of them had been freshly cleared,so I went home and grabbed my machine. So, I get out there, and there is fresh uncovered holes all over.Rant #1 I'm not P.offed that someone else is hunting this site, just wish the the person or persons would cover their blankety blank holes! I spent some time covering their holes up, including removing the mountain dew bottle they left in one of them.Rant#2 O.K. this might be petty, but this stinks. Teknetics needs to come up with a solution to fix the problem of the armrest pad from coming unglued if they haven't already. That is the only complaint I have with this machine so far. O.K. I feel better now! Anyways, dug a few pieces. Not much to it, small shoe buckle piece, a whatzit, and a little iron. The iron buckle piece is interesting though. GL and HH Bryant 9-18-16 001.JPG 9-18-16 002.JPG 9-18-16 003.JPG 9-18-16 006.JPG 9-18-16 007.JPG 9-18-16 010.JPG 9-18-16 011.JPG

Upvote 7

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great_find.gif
Nice finds! It really is a shame that a few MD'ers CAN ruin it for the rest of us. Thanks for taking the time to back fill all the holes you came across.

Auriemma

Jul 24, 2014
SE PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab: Sov XS; Sov XS2 Pro ; XS2a Pro ; E-TRAC; Profind 25, Garrett PP AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry about the idiots on your site. Maybe one day you'll be lucky enough to meet them and educate them.
As for your armrest cushion, there are several neoprene wrap around covers available. You might consider one.

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Flatbutton, may the fleas of a thousand camels infest the armpits of those discourteous hunters! That sucks, because people keep an eye on where I hunt and I know if I left open holes and/or trash there, my detecting days would be done there. ..as far as your padding issue..clean/strip the residual adhesive from the armrest and the padding, clean both with rubbing alcohol and then use some 3M weatherstrip adhesive (we gearheads call it "gorilla snot") to reattach...let dry overnight and voila! BETTER than new...if the OEM padding can't be salvaged, just drop into your nearest Lowes or hardware store and pick some up...good luck on both issues. ..ddf

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I try to always leave a lawn the way I found it. I always carry out the trash I dig. Lately with all the dry weather and even dryer dirt, I spend a little extra time tampering any hole I dig. There is always someone watching and some of them have issues. I try not to give them reasons to complain to the authorities. about.

OP
OP
flatbutton

flatbutton

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2013
Eastern N.C.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Tesoro Sand Shark,Nautilus DMC 1, Garrett Grand Master Hunter,Garrett Master Hunter 5 , Whites Coinmaster 5000/D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Flatbutton, may the fleas of a thousand camels infest the armpits of those discourteous hunters! That sucks, because people keep an eye on where I hunt and I know if I left open holes and/or trash there, my detecting days would be done there. ..as far as your padding issue..clean/strip the residual adhesive from the armrest and the padding, clean both with rubbing alcohol and then use some 3M weatherstrip adhesive (we gearheads call it "gorilla snot") to reattach...let dry overnight and voila! BETTER than new...if the OEM padding can't be salvaged, just drop into your nearest Lowes or hardware store and pick some up...good luck on both issues. ..ddf
Ha! or better yet a massive chigger infestation:laughing7: Yep, good ol' gorilla snot! ( I worked in a bodyshop for 30 years) That was exactly my plan to fix the pad.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread