record keeping

treasuretrucker

Jun 3, 2007
on the open road
Detector(s) used
garrett ace 250
Treasuretrucker i sent you directions on how to add a coin counter if you have any questions send me a pm good luck and >>
'keep on truckin". ;D

If you are computer savvy enough to create your own spreadsheet, you can do it that way. I create a new one each year for my finds. Column headings include: Date, Den(Denomination), Qty, Tot. Amt., Place found, Zip, State, Misc. Description

I use spreadsheet to calculate running $ amount and total number of coins coin. Below this I keep records of non-coin finds like Tokens, Rings, Jewelry, Relics, Toy, & Misc by Date and location. At the end of the day, it takes me just a couple of minutes to update the finds for the day.

I can then sort on just about any column for stats. on coins or where I found them.

White's has a computer program that is for the DFX, I think, but it can be used for any type detector, but I found it was more labor intensive than creating my own spreadsheet that I can manipulate for the data I want out of it.

thanks all for the help,especially to gregg for the instructions on tho clad counter,though i must say mine looks pretty weak at the moment,but that will change in time.take care all.

I also made my own spreadsheet...
Date, location (graded ona scale 1-10), total clad, old coins, rings, tokens etc. It keeps a total on the total $ of clad. Each year I can look where I spend most my time and amount found. I then can decide where to hit next. I tried several of the programs and wasn't sastified so I built my own for the info I needed and wanted.

You can go scientific with looking at past records of finds and where you went. I gave all that up as it reminded me of work. I built a dial on a large slab of wood and added a pointer which I spin when asking it where I should go detecting today. When the pointer stops on a location, that's where I go.......

I used to keep detailed records and they are fun to go back to and see where I've been and what I found.

treasuretrucker said:
thanks all for the help,especially to gregg for the instructions on tho clad counter,though i must say mine looks pretty weak at the moment,but that will change in time.take care all.

Hey its all for fun! And maybe the counter will get you out an extra time or two. Good luck and "Keep On truckin"

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back