What's new

Recovered but not reported?

neo

Hero Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2013
Messages
503
Reaction score
204
Golden Thread
0
Location
Hickory NC
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just wondering what treasures you believe have been found but not reported?
 
the vast majority have not been reported.....

It's been my experience, that most hoards of money, coins, and other valuables are simply found by family members as they settle an estate. The old eccentric uncle that dressed in rags, often turns out to have large amounts of cash squirreled away.
 
I should have been more clear I'm talking about famous treasures like black beards etc and what evidence if any do you believe that makes you think its been recovered.
 
Take a dart, blindly throw it at a map, that dart will stick someplace where one or more "treasure legends" abound. Before your question can be answered you would first have to know which of these legends are/were real, which I believe you would find would reduce the field very, very significantly.
 
Why would any one report finding a treasure ….. Let any one know and all you will get from it is trouble ….
 
Why would any one report finding a treasure ….. Let any one know and all you will get from it is trouble ….

Lots of folks would love to show off an old gold coin cache but as Keppy says it brings nothing but trouble for the finder.
 
Why would any one report finding a treasure ….. Let any one know and all you will get from it is trouble ….
That is what I was thinking when that 10 million dollar Gold coin hoard went public!
 
Are you asking for the IRS short list for suspected audits? Broadcasting your large find is like driving a high powered sports car. You become a target for traffic "enforcement" Officers and for high end car theft. But if you are really interested, I know where Capt Kidd hid his loot. lol
Frank...- 111-1 profilecracked.webp
 
Just wondering what treasures ppl think have been found, do u think Kidd's treasure has been found?
 
I once found a cast iron kettle full of...nunya business, I didn't even tell my wife. Mike

I didn't either... AND I MEAN THAT LITERALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
Just wondering what treasures ppl think have been found, do u think Kidd's treasure has been found?

NO! Frank...-111-1 profile.webp
 
its like asking what treasure stories are real....you could get a thousand responses and not know anything more than you do now.The archie community is finally accepting us a little,I say let it be.There is nothing to learn here.
cheers
 
Hey.....I wanna "not find" a treasure!:laughing7: I think treasures are way over rated anyhow! Money is bad and will just cause you problems! (I have to say this until I find a treasure or "not find" a treasure!)

We all know NOBODY (99.999999999999999% of us) actually go looking for a KNOWN hidden "treasure" and then find it. But those lucky enough to find something within that has NOT been explored, documented, or searched before and then find "something" of great value will find grief. It's bad enough if it's on your own property let alone one bordering yours.
 
True treasure if reported is fair game for the IRS. So much for the finder keepers laws. That being the case,, "What treasure>"?
 
Well, if you go looking for one of the famous known treasures and are fortunate enough to find the spot and dig and recover modern trash (as opposed to the time period it was supposedly buried)....then yes it has been recovered, mark that one found & unreported!
 
Maybe... just maybe sometimes a very lucky person will STUMBLE upon something that is not a posted legendary "lost treasure" but they find "it". But if they posted pics/video, told the world, and/or were looking for fame they have to know grief will follow. YES.... this has happened many times I'm sure.
 
Maybe... just maybe sometimes a very lucky person will STUMBLE upon something that is not a posted legendary "lost treasure" but they find "it". But if they posted pics/video, told the world, and/or were looking for fame they have to know grief will follow. YES.... this has happened many times I'm sure.
For the most that is the best way to find the big one….. Just STUMBLE upon a big catch …. Not going after all those legendary treasures that for the most part are just not there or some one found and no one knows it has been found.!!!!!!!!!!! WHY do they know it has not been found .!!!!!!!!!! WELL THE REASON IS THE ONE OR ONE'S THAT FOUND IT WERE SMART AND DID NOT TO TELL ANYONE THEY FOUND IT.. …….. KEPT THERE MOUTH SHUT AS THEY SHOULD..
 
Last edited:
Hay, I spent over a year getting permission to search for a cache. Within 2 weeks I located some big holes dug under a huge bolder on a very sloped hillside at the property that I had tracked down. The cache was buried during WWI. I figure the millions are spent by now. Hay, they didn't even fill their holes! lol Frank...-
111-2 700 head of old man.webp
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom