EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SWR said:
How did you dig the key, if you haven't gotten permission from the landowners to dig yet? I don't get it :-\
dowsing of course 8)

MD Dog

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2007
Please don't yell !
Why is it always the newbies that find these things. Well my 11/2 cents is be prepared with legal aid and lotsa documentation. Just because someone else owns the land dosen't mean they outright own the treasure. There's something to be said for finders fees within the law, but you can also bet that if you approach this thing publicly you'll see little if any of that treasure yourself. What I would do is by myself without a camera crew in tow and without any pomp or circumstance knock on that land owners door say around seven in the evening and introduce your self tell the owner you have some great news for them if they'd be interested in hearing it. The very first thing you'll have to get past is their suspician your selling something. Then they'll think you might be a scam artist. And the final stage is when their sure your a stark raving mad lunatic. But if you take that opportunity right then to offer them a 50/50 deal on anything you find, they may or may not bite. Most people will hesitate and not wanna sign anything up front till they've had their blood sucking lawyer check it out first, you understand right ? But convince them your a harmless nut bag upfront and they won't wanna waste their money on a lawyer nor their own time in trying to dig for it themselves. That my friend is almost your only true hope. Bout the only other way is to convince these people to sell you the land for a different reason.

xdanthemanx

Oct 25, 2007
clarkston michigan
Detector(s) used
E-trac & XLT
well if you go the tv route you'l end with nothin, rest assured the government will step in and take it all or 90% of it, doesnt matter how much documentation you have, the fact that you may find it is all you'll get credit for, Heres an example also a while back someone claimed salvage rights to a ship and as soon as it was announced 37 insurance companies made claims that it was rightfully thiers, whether true or not the whole thing ends up in legal battles that costs millions.
Do not get a lawyer or reveal the location to anyone, read the story from the founder of this site, he had a small number of people trying to secure his rights to something and the second he gave them the location it was magically all stolen within weeks.
Having a contract with the landowner is only going to go so far, if you do get a contract hope you never have to use it because again, to enforce a contract you have to go to court and it all goes public and you lose it all, your best bet it to explain to the property owner that you believe there is something on the propery that could be worth a lot of money and also explain that if it in any way goes pulic youll both end up with nothing. so if your in it for the $$$ you would both need to keep it under wraps, if your in it for fame then by all means hop to it, but I dont see how you can have both.
The scenario i see here is say you do find something, you divide it up right there on the spot and go seperate ways, if the owner decides to change the deal, order you off the property, etc after you pull up the chest of goodies, then you bust out your cell phone and threaten to call
the state agencies/police in your area and report that youve found millions of dollars worth of gold in a box. now hes going to be thinkin hmm..... lose it all to big brother or divide it up and keep it all, one thing im sure you can always rely on is greed.
I am not at all myself a greedy person, you can have the shirt off my back if you ask me for it, but I AM greedy when it comes to uncle sam or his kids(states) i give the political basterds enough of my $ as it is, they put no effort into finding but want to keep, well finders keepers, why should i find and someone else steps in that does nothing ans keeps
Just my two cents.
You could always offer the owner some free landscaping, I have a feeling that might just work out for you

DAN

I had to come back and modify this post, you also need to remember that this board is full of excellent researchers that can locate you in minutes. Your ip address alone is available to web site operators and moderators and can pinpoint your city location in seconds, your ip address is also available to anyone in chat with the right software. IT TOOK ME ONLY TWO MINUTES OF RESEARCH TO LOCATE YOU!!
You may have already given up way too much information, and i CAN call you to verify what im telling you is true if you wish
just ask me

OP
OP
P

Paul2

Tenderfoot
Nov 28, 2007
How can the government step in and take 90%?

This has to be done publicly. Theres no way to conceal this. I'm in negociations for a documentary now.

L

LandStar

If your in it for a documentary, then you have already resigned yourself to the FAME, not the FORTUNE...believe you me...If you end up with ANYTHING now, your going to be darn lucky...The Government will call it a National Treasure or some such rubbish, and you will end up with about a 10% finders fee, and that will be it...The Feds will confiscate your find, and it will end up in the Smithsonian, or some other museum...
Just my 3 cents worth...

OP
OP
P

Paul2

Tenderfoot
Nov 28, 2007
LandStar said:
If your in it for a documentary, then you have already resigned yourself to the FAME, not the FORTUNE...believe you me...If you end up with ANYTHING now, your going to be darn lucky...The Government will call it a National Treasure or some such rubbish, and you will end up with about a 10% finders fee, and that will be it...The Feds will confiscate your find, and it will end up in the Smithsonian, or some other museum...
Just my 3 cents worth...

Even on private property with a contract?

L

LandStar

There is ALWAYS a loophole for the government to get it's grubby hands on anything...ie...Emminent Domain...

MD Dog

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2007
Please don't yell !
If you do a search based soley on me sayin keep your mouth shut or loose it all you'll quickly find a good couple days worth of reading about one after another, people who didn't and learned the hard way.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread