Recovering Relics

Jan 12, 2010
New England
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Garret Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On November 13th I went metal detecting at my neighbor's house, which was built in 1695. I decided to focus on an area that I hadn't detected much. I had been digging miscellaneous pieces of trash all day, when I got a sold penny/zinc-penny signal at about 4 inches deep. When I dug down, staring me right in the face was a big gold ring. This was my 2nd gold ring of 2011 and my 3rd in one year. When I went home to clean it up, I saw that it was from the Massachusetts College of Pharmacy - Class of 1965. On the inside I read the initials "JPD". When I saw that I knew what I had found. I found my neighbor's class ring. The next day, I brought it over to my neighbor and returned it to him. He was pretty happy to have his ring back and I actually received a reward. The reward consisted of a few old coins, and some finds my neighbor's brother made while he stayed here for a month and detected. Today when I was detecting, although I didn't find much, I had an encounter with a 10 point buck and a doe. The buck got pretty close to me before it ran away. That was something I will never forget. The ring was a great find, but I'm glad that I returned it back to my neighbor.

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job!!

Top Member Reactions