What's new

🏆 HONORABLE MENTION Recovery/return

ncsuwolf

Bronze Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2024
Messages
1,239
Reaction score
3,210
Golden Thread
0
Location
Near Richmond va
First for me……Got a call sat night from a friend of a friend who was 30 miles from me. “Do you have a metal detector...at wedding…we have a lost ring…please help.” Spoke for a few minutes and agreed to go out Sunday. Spent 2-3 hours in a heavy mist to find nothing. I asked previously, and it was a silver engagement ring (for certain). Agreed to go back this afternoon…..called again, “are we certain silver (and not white gold, platinum, etc)?” “Well…maybe it’s white gold.” Long story short, 5 min later I have a very happy young lady on the phone. As a side benefit, it may open some spots for me to detect (other than for recently dropped engagement rings).

First ever recent drop/find/return.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4116.webp
    IMG_4116.webp
    1.9 MB · Views: 111
Upvote 22
A win, win for everyone - good job finding the Ring !
 
…as a complete side note…..holy crap. I just took that ring in the backyard. Laid it on top of the ground. Ran a 600 and 900 overtop. 8-12 and 3 bars deep (on display) and an almost iron sound. Wasn’t even a good repetitive sound. Does all gold (including coins) sound like this or just white gold rings? I’m really starting g to question things I’ve walked over in the past.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom