What's new

Refiners

FloridaGoldDigger

Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 8, 2012
Messages
27
Reaction score
32
Golden Thread
0
Location
West Coast, FL
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Excalibur II, CTX3030
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Upvote 0
Thank you Ron...

One more question...

What do you recommend you do with rings with diamonds. If its a nice diamond, do you suggest getting the ring appraised and then selling it yourself or do you also suggest sending to Aragold as they will purchase then diamonds for you.

I met you at Bonita Beach a few weeks ago, we were trying to find that guys Rolex. I even went back the next day to help him look for the Rolex during low tide and went up and down the beach. Dry sand, wet sand and surf.....didn't find.


Hope to see you out there....

Thanks!
 
I also use and like ARA. They payout 98% on gold and 90% on platinum and silver.

Their diamond bids are low, however and it seems they want you to negotiate with them...I didn't
 
I too only use ARA now and used to use Midwest Refineries. MW pays out about 96% of spot. If your gold buyer can't tell you what percent of spot he is paying, run away. If you have a nice ring with diamonds you can try to sell it outright which takes time and don't use Ebay to sell it or Craig's list. Sometimes you can use it in a trade for house repairs or services too. A gift to a relative or family member will be remembered for years. However I have a grand daughter which now gets my nice rings.
 
I too only use ARA now and used to use Midwest Refineries. MW pays out about 96% of spot. If your gold buyer can't tell you what percent of spot he is paying, run away. If you have a nice ring with diamonds you can try to sell it outright which takes time and don't use Ebay to sell it or Craig's list. Sometimes you can use it in a trade for house repairs or services too. A gift to a relative or family member will be remembered for years. However I have a grand daughter which now gets my nice rings.

WHY NOT?
In your opinion: Use Ebay or Graigs list to sell?
 
Is ARA now requiring a tax ID? I wouldn't have a huge transaction anyway but it seems wrong to have to worry about taxes when you can't deduct the costs in getting the finds. martin
 
ARA has never asked me for a tax ID but perhaps for new customers they do?

I'm not worried about tax consequences...I, as most of us, are pretty small fish for the IRS.
 
ive used ARA in the past then when I called to use them last year they said I needed a FIN # / Business License, right now im waiting for the prices to go up but im in the same boat for where to sell, I want to sell some for a 3030 but am in no rush to go out and get one just yet been givin it heavy thought sounds like a lot of maintenance and bugs they need to still work out, so is ARA still asking for Business License ?
 
It isn't easy trying to sell a ring with diamonds. I still have one from many years ago that I had appraised. The jeweler told me the diamonds were European or turn of the century diamonds. He suspects someone took their mothers engagement ring and wedding band and had the diamonds put into the newer 14K mens setting. Anyway it appraised at $3200.00 back then.
 
Thank you Ron...

One more question...

What do you recommend you do with rings with diamonds. If its a nice diamond, do you suggest getting the ring appraised and then selling it yourself or do you also suggest sending to Aragold as they will purchase then diamonds for you.

I met you at Bonita Beach a few weeks ago, we were trying to find that guys Rolex. I even went back the next day to help him look for the Rolex during low tide and went up and down the beach. Dry sand, wet sand and surf.....didn't find.


Hope to see you out there....

Thanks!
It depends on the size of your Diamonds, I know a place in town that will give you a good price on your ring with diamonds .e-mail me or call 239-331-1352 Ron Lord
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom