What's new

Regular and mixed half dollars?

SeaninNH

Bronze Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2010
Messages
1,131
Reaction score
74
Golden Thread
0
Location
New Hampshire USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have to make a trip about 175 miles from home today so I made a few calls to banks in the area and asked if they have halves.

One said that they had $600 worth, but some were "regular" half dollars and the others were "mixed".

Hmmmmmm... Any guesses as to what I come home with?

I'll update later tonight.
 
Upvote 0
Bicentennials
 
that's my guess as well
 
Sounds promising!!

Good luck!
 
The regular was mint sealed rolls. The mixed was customer rolls. Found nothing in the CWRs.

Not 1, Not 2, but 3 WLHs, a 64 and a 67 in the mint rolls.

I only took half of what they had. I'm goin back tomorrow for the rest.

I also foung a gold half with 1960 and 1980 stamped on the face. I'd guess it's a 20 year service coin. I'll post pics when I get home.
 
Sweet scores!!! :thumbsup: Go back and get those other rolls asap!!!

HH,

$ilver$urfer :hello:
 
Ok so here is the take for the day from 25 rolls and $35 from teller's trays (the trays were all clad).
IMG_7978.webp
IMG_7988.webp
I can't find anything on the gold one. It is not the typical gold halves you find in boxes. It's a lot cleaner, sharper and shiny looking and the plating won't rub off like the typical gold halves that look dull and powdered.

It also has a date of 1960 and 1980 stamped into the coin..

I weighed 5 1982 clad halves and they all weighed 11.2g. I also weighed 2 presidential gold halves and they both weighed 11.3g even with the gold plating and paint. This one weighs 11.5g.

I've been trying to find info on this, but I can't find any solid info.

(Sorry for the tinted picture, all the lighting in my house is not bright white. I'll try to get another picture in the day light.)
 
Thank you :icon_thumright: Think I'll give it to the nice teller I talked to today that said she would order a box a week and keep them on hand for me. I'm sure she will love it.
 
awesome scores!!!!!!! go back for the other coins as well...u never kno! keep it up and hh!
 
With 3 walkers in half a box worth of rolls... I wish I could go get the rest NOW!

I can't wait until tomorrow lol. I'm going to clean them out of every half in the building. She said she will order more when those are gone because she likes to keep a box on hand. I told her I'll be coming to get them once a week so she may want to increase the order to 2 boxes and she said no problem. If I plan on coming in regularly she will make sure she has some halves in stock.

YAY! I have a bank that orders me a box a week and how this place. I think this may be a good year!
 
Went back today and got the remaining $450.

Today's take

4- WLHs
3-1964
1-1967

Total from $700 in rolls was:

7- Walking Liberties
4-1944
2-1967

Happy day, Happy day!!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom