Rejection slot - that spot is hot

Mercury63

Oct 20, 2008
I am ready to rename the reject slot on the coin sorting machine at the bank my CRH assistant. While teller is cleaning machine A , he stops to change the bags on my machine B. I notice several coins on the top of machine A which he must have taken out as rejects because they were foreign and SILVER. I make the swap and now I have 1 silver rosie and a silver 47d George. I also check the rejection slot on my machine. What - the last guy never checked, another silver rosie for me ! Pick up 30 loose rolls of dimes and 2 boxes from another bank and find another 4 silver rosies! Return to the dump bank and while dumping some nickels I had under my bed in machine A, they have machine B open. I check the slot, and by God another silver rosie for me. That's 7 ROSIES ON THE DAY - 4 from CRH and 3 from my new CRH assistant. Now, I notice that in open machine B that the tube leading to the rejection slot has a few more silver dimes! They are changing the bag on my machine now so I figured I would dump the rest of my coins( dimes) in the machine B which is now closed. My plan then was - they would be reopening the machine to change the bag for my coins and when they did, I would claim the silver dimes in the rejection tube. But it was not meant to be as the attendant told me to put the rest of my coins in the machine I started on. Since it was towards the end of the day the silver may still be there. I think I will try the bank in the morning when the bank opens and see if I can get that silver out of that machine. Part of the dynamics of this situation is that what is in the rejection tube does not necessarily come all the way down in the first instance which means that you have a shot at getting other peoples silver that never returns into the reject bin to them. What is so tremendous about this is that you can actually look forward to dumping your coins ! I would have had to gone through a box and half of dimes and 2 boxes of quarters to find what i got in a matter of seconds.

Upvote 0

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome job!!! So far I got 1 silver rosie from the reject bin. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
M

Mercury63

Oct 20, 2008
Gerald - I saw your post and glad you shared it. i am going to keep an eye out on what i am dumping so i don't get burned. I usually dump full boxes so i know what i have. Glad you are watching the rejects also. Another fun aspect of the hobby.

gtlfindings

Jan 11, 2007
ny
Detector(s) used
TESORO DeLeon
True Merc I usually dump boxes so I always know where I'm at with it....I just happened to score 2 $1000 bags from my credit union...... so I got $1500 and another box o dimes and 250 in halves to return...I stopped dumping to be sure I don't lose anymore. so I'm sitting on 2g's of change right now....
Gerald

OP
OP
M

Mercury63

Oct 20, 2008
Do credit unions generally have half dollars on site to sell ? I have never been to one before.

gtlfindings

Jan 11, 2007
ny
Detector(s) used
TESORO DeLeon
They don't order them for me...I get to buy the ones out of the counter.... I do get someone elses dumps though...He marks them with his initials,But others use the machine so I did ok last year on them a few bens ,some walkers lots o 40% and quite a few 90's...So I'm not complaining...No banks out here really order boxes for some reason.
Gerald

OP
OP
M

Mercury63

Oct 20, 2008
Thanks Gerald. Next month I will be driving to work and I will have the opportunity to check out 2 credit unions. Maybe that is where my first Walker is hiding.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread