What's new

relic hunting questions

jslayton

Greenie
Joined
Nov 30, 2010
Messages
18
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Jefferson City, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
So how does one go about getting premission to hunt vacant land ? or farm lands ? or even lands of homes for sale etc ?

And how many times have you been told no vs yes ?

and whats the best way to appoarch them ?

1 "Sir/Madam I would like to metal detect your property pretty please ?
2 "Sir/Madam I am interested in the historical value your property has, and I am interested in locating relics coins that may be located on the property ? Do i have your premission to do so ?
3 "Sir/Madam I believe there are hidden treasures on your property can i search it ?

Also ... how many of you have tresspassed ? IE going with out premission ?

this is something i would never do, due to my occupational status. However I have heard of other people stating dont ask, dont tell, ectera.


Thanks all.
 
J, I've done two podcasts on getting permission to hunt properties. The one about private property is mostly about occupied houses, but it should give you some ideas.

Listen to program #046 at http://thetreasurecorner.com

---Dan Hughes
 
One of my club members offers to look for lost jewelry on their property if they pay him $20 and and extra $20 if he finds it. I think he keeps all coins.

That to me sounds pretty cool and because he is charging them it sounds legit.

I can see him now saying okay, Just pay me if I find the ring. :icon_thumright:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom