Colorado Springs, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
AT Pro Pointer
Kelllyco Vulcan 360
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Years ago I was given this knife and to be honest I forgot I had it. I "found" it again and decided to investigate it. Turns out it was issued to the USMC in the South Pacific theater WWII. I am going to make a wall mount for it to be displayed on.
SAM_0617.JPGSAM_0618.JPG

Upvote 23
Show us the display when it's finished.

super cool! I have never seen that style us military before

Awesome! Described by many as a Bolo or Corpsman's knife. Definitely deserves to be framed and displayed. Sub 8-)

Sweet relic saved! Looking forward to the restoration and mounting! :occasion14:

They had a hodgepodge of different knives and machetes they issued, Woodsman's Pal even had a few they made for the MC. Kinda like during the second invasion of Iraq when the hummer's just were not doing it, they had all sorts of different styles of up armor and parts. Industry in the US was using every manufacturer they could get to make gear during WW2, Westinghouse and Springfield Armory were making the same rifles for example. Handle looks like it was replaced at one point. Super cool, looks like a bush knife.

Last edited:
Little more research has id'd this as a USMC hospital corpsman's bolo. now I am looking for a sheath for it. At the moment the only ones I can find are around $60-$75. USMC Boyt 44 sheath.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back