What's new

Relics dug in Spotsylvania county Va...need ID help

Digs2much

Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2009
Messages
21
Reaction score
14
Golden Thread
0
Location
Lebanon,Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
I dug these this weekend on a group hunt in Va. The small piece is brass, the funnel shaped piece is silvered. I think the rusted piece is a spur...?? any help would be appreciated!! thanks
 

Attachments

  • HPIM3172.webp
    HPIM3172.webp
    66.4 KB · Views: 365
  • HPIM3166.webp
    HPIM3166.webp
    47.1 KB · Views: 342
  • HPIM3178.webp
    HPIM3178.webp
    66.6 KB · Views: 349
  • HPIM3168.webp
    HPIM3168.webp
    157.3 KB · Views: 344
  • HPIM3169.webp
    HPIM3169.webp
    55.4 KB · Views: 353
  • HPIM3172.webp
    HPIM3172.webp
    66.4 KB · Views: 333
  • HPIM3166.webp
    HPIM3166.webp
    47.1 KB · Views: 344
  • HPIM3178.webp
    HPIM3178.webp
    66.6 KB · Views: 352
  • HPIM3168.webp
    HPIM3168.webp
    157.3 KB · Views: 339
I definately see a spur. I think I see an inkwell, but dunno about the others. Not too sure about the inkwell. Monty
 
Upvote 0
The first item looks like a type of book or satchel clasp. Second item is a spur. Need to see some more pics of the 3rd and 4th items.
 
Upvote 0
First one is a suspender clip--early 20th c. Second one is a spur.

Third might be an inkwell, a base to something...???

Last is a victorian ornament.


-Buckles
 
Upvote 0
Michaelangelo said:
3rd item looks like the base of a candle holder.

my thoughts as well
 
Upvote 0
The item in the third picture could be a lead seal. Does the bottom have a design or letters?
 
Upvote 0
The second pic is a civil war period spur. I think it is a civilian type. I've dug a few of that type in both US & CS camps. The 3rd could be an inkwell of candle holder. It would help to see the bottom.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom