What's new

Relics of Union Soldiers Sitting around a Campfire-VIDEO

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Joined
Jan 10, 2007
Messages
5,591
Reaction score
2,910
Golden Thread
0
Location
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It was forecast to be a mild and rainy week in Tennessee. I decided to make a solo trip to a U.S. camp during a break in the rain. About an hour into the hunt, I located another campfire about 75 yards from the one I found in the last video.. The first target was a chewed on .56 cal. Colt revolving Rifle bullet. The rest of my finds before the rain started are shown in the pic. This is the only site where we have recovered the big Colt bullets. The Model 1855 Colt Revolving Rifle (in the pic) weighed 12-14# and the cylinder for the .56 cal. held 5 bullets where the .36 & .44 cal. cylinders held 6 bullets. Production was a little over 4,400 and ceased in 1864. They were susceptible to “chain fires” when the first shot ignited all the bullets. It was considered a dangerous weapon. Enjoy the video. Old Dude, this one’s for you!
Happy Holidays from the Tennessee Trio, Q.

 

Attachments

  • DSCN1790.webp
    DSCN1790.webp
    267.4 KB · Views: 159
  • colt.webp
    colt.webp
    6.9 KB · Views: 155
Upvote 24
Nice hunt. Bet it cool to stand by that fire pit with relics in hand. My kind of hunt. Nice video. Thanks for sharing

HH, Relic Nut
 
Nice bunch of finds. Leave some for me when I hit the ground running in January. lol
 
Quindy, I think it was a great hunt considering it was a short hunt. Nice finds! Alabama sang/said it best: Merry Christmas from Dixie. Blessing to you and your family, and to all of our TNet buddies.

:)
Breezie
 
Thanks for the shout out Mr. Q. The show looks like it is a pretty big affair. Coily Girl and her husband weren't there? Was good to see Tennessee Digger. I never realized some of the pistol lead was that big. Thanks for the history lessons you include in all your videos. Merry Christmas to everyone there in Tennessee.
 
Thanks for the shout out Mr. Q. The show looks like it is a pretty big affair. Coily Girl and her husband weren't there? Was good to see Tennessee Digger. I never realized some of the pistol lead was that big. Thanks for the history lessons you include in all your videos. Merry Christmas to everyone there in Tennessee.
I left the show to go relic hunting about 12:30 and Tennessee Digger said they were late getting to the show. I looked for them OD. BTW, i have dug .71 cal. balls used in a Musketoon pistol early in the war. HH, Q.
 
I really enjoyed that video Quindy. Loved all the pictures from the show and the song, Christmas in Dixie. I love seeing those bullets coming out of the ground too. Good job on the video!!! Hope to catch up with you after Christmas.
 
Nice finds and enjoyed the video as always. I wore out a couple of tapes by Alabama in the 80's, when country music was country music. Merry Christmas to you and yours and I hope the Tennessee Trio has a great 2016 relic hunting season. Mike
 
Terrific hunting, Quindy! Merry Christmas to the Tennesseeeeee Trio!
 
More lead eh Quindy..Imagine getting hit with a .58 cal:icon_scratch:
Great vid buddy tell those Tenn Trio fellas to get there a$$ in gear there is history to find.

~Blaze~
 
Nice bunch of Lead Quindy, I always enjoy the videos . Thanks for Sharing and Hope you all Have a Merry Christmas
 
Thanks to all friends who replied & watched. Enjoy a safe and happy Christmas day, Q.

Our Civil War History is an important part of America's past and should never be forgotten.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom