VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It was forecast to be a mild and rainy week in Tennessee. I decided to make a solo trip to a U.S. camp during a break in the rain. About an hour into the hunt, I located another campfire about 75 yards from the one I found in the last video.. The first target was a chewed on .56 cal. Colt revolving Rifle bullet. The rest of my finds before the rain started are shown in the pic. This is the only site where we have recovered the big Colt bullets. The Model 1855 Colt Revolving Rifle (in the pic) weighed 12-14# and the cylinder for the .56 cal. held 5 bullets where the .36 & .44 cal. cylinders held 6 bullets. Production was a little over 4,400 and ceased in 1864. They were susceptible to “chain fires” when the first shot ignited all the bullets. It was considered a dangerous weapon. Enjoy the video. Old Dude, this one’s for you!
Happy Holidays from the Tennessee Trio, Q.

Attachments

• DSCN1790.JPG
    DSCN1790.JPG
    517.3 KB · Views: 131
  • colt.jpg
    colt.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 134
Upvote 12

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice hunt. Bet it cool to stand by that fire pit with relics in hand. My kind of hunt. Nice video. Thanks for sharing

HH, Relic Nut

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE
Nice bunch of finds. Leave some for me when I hit the ground running in January. lol

Breezie

Gold Member
Oct 3, 2009
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & Spectrum~Garrett's Pro-Pointer~VibraProbe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Quindy, I think it was a great hunt considering it was a short hunt. Nice finds! Alabama sang/said it best: Merry Christmas from Dixie. Blessing to you and your family, and to all of our TNet buddies.

:)
Breezie

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the shout out Mr. Q. The show looks like it is a pretty big affair. Coily Girl and her husband weren't there? Was good to see Tennessee Digger. I never realized some of the pistol lead was that big. Thanks for the history lessons you include in all your videos. Merry Christmas to everyone there in Tennessee.

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks for the shout out Mr. Q. The show looks like it is a pretty big affair. Coily Girl and her husband weren't there? Was good to see Tennessee Digger. I never realized some of the pistol lead was that big. Thanks for the history lessons you include in all your videos. Merry Christmas to everyone there in Tennessee.
I left the show to go relic hunting about 12:30 and Tennessee Digger said they were late getting to the show. I looked for them OD. BTW, i have dug .71 cal. balls used in a Musketoon pistol early in the war. HH, Q.

tennessee digger

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2011
Nashville
Detector(s) used
Tesoro and Troy Shadow Fisher Gold Bug Pro Minelab Equinox 600.
I really enjoyed that video Quindy. Loved all the pictures from the show and the song, Christmas in Dixie. I love seeing those bullets coming out of the ground too. Good job on the video!!! Hope to catch up with you after Christmas.

mikefromIllinois

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2008
Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-3D
Nice finds and enjoyed the video as always. I wore out a couple of tapes by Alabama in the 80's, when country music was country music. Merry Christmas to you and yours and I hope the Tennessee Trio has a great 2016 relic hunting season. Mike

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Terrific hunting, Quindy! Merry Christmas to the Tennesseeeeee Trio!

johnnyblaze

Silver Member
Dec 20, 2010
Rhode Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other
More lead eh Quindy..Imagine getting hit with a .58 cal:icon_scratch:
Great vid buddy tell those Tenn Trio fellas to get there a$$ in gear there is history to find.

~Blaze~

nova treasure

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice bunch of Lead Quindy, I always enjoy the videos . Thanks for Sharing and Hope you all Have a Merry Christmas

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks to all friends who replied & watched. Enjoy a safe and happy Christmas day, Q.

Our Civil War History is an important part of America's past and should never be forgotten.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread