Quinc Full Member Joined Jul 18, 2011 Messages 232 Reaction score 616 Golden Thread 0 Location CA Detector(s) used Whites Primary Interest: Prospecting Jan 31, 2026 Thread Owner #1 Before I cut a bunch of holes in my nozzle, has anyone tried a relief flap on a suction nozzle? Does it work? 8" suction nozzle like this: Relief like this:
Before I cut a bunch of holes in my nozzle, has anyone tried a relief flap on a suction nozzle? Does it work? 8" suction nozzle like this: Relief like this:
R russau Gold Member Joined May 29, 2005 Messages 9,491 Reaction score 10,771 Golden Thread 0 Location St. Louis, missouri Feb 1, 2026 #2 Yep that was / is a common mod for bigger nozzles and yes it works !
N N-Lionberger Bronze Member Joined Dec 1, 2013 Messages 1,500 Reaction score 2,211 Golden Thread 0 Location Arcata, California Detector(s) used Fisher 1212-x Fisher Gold Bug 2 Whites 4900/SP3 Dowsing rods Primary Interest: Prospecting Feb 18, 2026 #3 Where are you thinking about putting it?
Quinc Full Member Joined Jul 18, 2011 Messages 232 Reaction score 616 Golden Thread 0 Location CA Detector(s) used Whites Primary Interest: Prospecting Feb 19, 2026 Thread Owner #4 N-Lionberger said: Where are you thinking about putting it? Click to expand... I am thinking it has to be before the spray coming into the nozzle.
N-Lionberger said: Where are you thinking about putting it? Click to expand... I am thinking it has to be before the spray coming into the nozzle.
N N-Lionberger Bronze Member Joined Dec 1, 2013 Messages 1,500 Reaction score 2,211 Golden Thread 0 Location Arcata, California Detector(s) used Fisher 1212-x Fisher Gold Bug 2 Whites 4900/SP3 Dowsing rods Primary Interest: Prospecting Feb 20, 2026 #5 I’ve been thinking about doing such a thing to the suction nozzle on my 6” subbie, my 5” surface was great at sucking up my hand.
I’ve been thinking about doing such a thing to the suction nozzle on my 6” subbie, my 5” surface was great at sucking up my hand.
Reed Lukens Silver Member Joined Jan 1, 2013 Messages 2,691 Reaction score 5,532 Golden Thread 0 Location Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner Detector(s) used Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000! Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Mar 13, 2026 #6 I can't see it working... just put a TEE with valves on the jet intake, then you can turn the water off to the nozzle or set it up to run a blaster set up if you want by switching valves.
I can't see it working... just put a TEE with valves on the jet intake, then you can turn the water off to the nozzle or set it up to run a blaster set up if you want by switching valves.
R russau Gold Member Joined May 29, 2005 Messages 9,491 Reaction score 10,771 Golden Thread 0 Location St. Louis, missouri Jun 6, 2026 #7 Good idea Reed