What's new

Increase shower nozzle water flow

signal_line

Silver Member
Joined
Nov 14, 2011
Messages
3,964
Reaction score
2,233
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife was complaining about the slow flow of water out the shower nozzle. I had looked at it one time but figured I would just plug it up if I tried to drill it out, but today I looked at again and saw a small rubber washer at the inlet I was able to use a pointed razor knife and dig it out. Now there is maybe three or four times the water flow. Happy wife, happy life!
 
My wife was complaining about the slow flow of water out the shower nozzle. I had looked at it one time but figured I would just plug it up if I tried to drill it out, but today I looked at again and saw a small rubber washer at the inlet I was able to use a pointed razor knife and dig it out. Now there is maybe three or four times the water flow. Happy wife, happy life!
It took about minutes to get the o-ring out. I had to cut it to be able to pull it out from behind the support. BTW I think it is a phony idea to restrict shower flow unless you live in an area that is short on water. The water you use goes back into the river. It doesn’t just disappear.
 
You can also remove the flow restrictor. I did that for our showerhead and it really pumped up the flow. Flow restrictors are required by a 1992 law for manufacturers but it is legal to remove them.

Screenshot 2025-11-01 10.22.12 AM.webp
 
Last edited:
Can't stand a wimpy shower. First thing I do when replacing a shower head is
dig out the flow restricting part and huck it in the garbage.
bath.gif
 
Were you looking for someone to hold the shower head while your wife showered ? LOL J/K
 
It took about minutes to get the o-ring out. I had to cut it to be able to pull it out from behind the support. BTW I think it is a phony idea to restrict shower flow unless you live in an area that is short on water. The water you use goes back into the river. It doesn’t just disappear.
The more water you use, the higher your water bill is going to cost you. I turned my main water valve down as low as I could and still have enough water pressure to come out of the shower head. The two females in my house have never complained about the low pressure.
 
The more water you use, the higher your water bill is going to cost you. I turned my main water valve down as low as I could and still have enough water pressure to come out of the shower head. The two females in my house have never complained about the low pressure.
Well, this gives the option of adjusting the flow to your liking. Yeah, I turn it way down now. If the water is just trickling out it’s cold.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom