Cross Front.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 535
Upvote 0
Here is the back.

Attachments

• Cross Back.jpg
    Cross Back.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 525
MT: I believe that the Dated Blessed Virgin Mary was struck to commemorate the 1830 Appearance to Catherine Laboure in Paris, France.

It's called the: "Our Lady of the Miraculous Medal" I guess that it could have been made anytime after 1830!

Joe

Beautiful cross!

I've been hoping to find one like that myself. Nice job!

Ridley

"O MARY CONC. WITHOUT SIN P.F.U. WHO HAVE REC. TO THEE" =

" O Mary, conceived without sin, pray for us who have recourse to thee."

Buscadero is correct: it is a form of the Miraculous Medal, and the date 1830 is commemorative. Here's a link to more information:

http://www.amm.org/medal.htm

I was hoping someone would know more about it. Thanks to all for the input.

MT Digger said:
I was hoping someone would know more about it. Thanks to all for the input.

Looks like it was made in Italy... no brainer tho since it's stamped on the back of it.

Exactly what would you like to find out about it?

They were probebly made by the hundreds of thousands...

I guess what I wanted to know was if the date was the age of the item or, as I found out, a commerative date. My suspicions were that it was not that old because of it being made of copper and being silver coated. I would think that if it was older, it would have been solid silver. Just an uneducated guess.

MT Digger said:
I guess what I wanted to know was if the date was the age of the item or, as I found out, a commerative date. My suspicions were that it was not that old because of it being made of copper and being silver coated. I would think that if it was older, it would have been solid silver. Just an uneducated guess.

I think I agree with you... older would have meant silver...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back