What's new

✅ SOLVED Religious Medallion

mindcrime1988

Bronze Member
Joined
Apr 17, 2011
Messages
1,734
Reaction score
2,760
Golden Thread
0
Location
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus II, DetectorPro Headhunter, Nokta Triple Score, BlissTool & Pulsedive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I know this is a religious medallion but just curious if anybody has seen one like it or can tell me more about it. I did not see another forum(area) which might be better suited to show this so here it is. Thanks for looking!
 

Attachments

  • Side One.gif
    Side One.gif
    1.5 MB · Views: 138
  • Side Two.gif
    Side Two.gif
    1.7 MB · Views: 116
All I can tell you is that it's a Catholic medal. It depicts St. Anthony on one side and St. Francis on the other. It appears to be written in Latin Script. I believe they say St. Francis of Assisi pray for us and St. Anthony of Padua, pray for us. They are the two most popular Catholic Saints and are often depicted together on the same medal. Yours appears to be copper and was more than likely silver plated at one point. Hope this helps.
 
Upvote 0
I will go ahead and mark this "Solved." Since there are not any dates or manufacturers mark on this, I'm sure I will not find out anything else on this besides the great information you provided for me diggummup. Thanks........I appreciate it!
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom