What's new

Religious Piece?

Garabaldi

Bronze Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2009
Messages
2,382
Reaction score
100
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Whites M6, Whites Pulse Diver, ETRAC.
I found this at a local church. It seems to have some blue on his head piece.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0414.webp
    IMG_0414.webp
    12.6 KB · Views: 265
  • IMG_0415.webp
    IMG_0415.webp
    12.1 KB · Views: 253
  • IMG_0416.webp
    IMG_0416.webp
    20.5 KB · Views: 251
  • IMG_0417.webp
    IMG_0417.webp
    18.3 KB · Views: 253
  • IMG_0418.webp
    IMG_0418.webp
    20.3 KB · Views: 250
  • IMG_0419.webp
    IMG_0419.webp
    16.4 KB · Views: 256
  • IMG_0420.webp
    IMG_0420.webp
    17.7 KB · Views: 244
Garabaldi,

Hi...is that chocolate? Just kidding! We need some smiles in the world!

Listen...was this found at a Catholic Church? It looks very old.
I do know the nuns and priests would bury artifacts if they were broken. I used to metal detect at a convent and Catholic high school and I can't even begin to tell you the amount of statues and religious items that I pulled up from the mud.
It could be a Pope from the past or the head of a Saint.

Laura
 
Upvote 0
Yes its chocolate :laughing9:
It is a catholic Church and a nursing school.
 
Upvote 0
I think it is a religious statue because it looks like the man has a "zucchetto" or beanie on his head.
This beanie replaced the "tonsure," or haircut, that was required for any man entering the monastery. The head was partially shaved as the first part of the ceremony, but one common form was to shave the crown of the head, kinda like imposing male pattern baldness.
Doesn't it look like one of these hats or perhaps a haircut of the clergy long ago?
cardinalhats.jpg
 
Upvote 0
I was going to say the same elle. ...pope.
 
Upvote 0
looks like your on to it. Is that an actual picture of real human beings?
 
Upvote 0
Hey guys...I do admit I have pictures of myself from AGES AGO...wearing the beanie hat during my "Brownies" ceremony--it is a step under "Girl Scouts"... ;D
But...no statue was ever made of me...so let us go with the religious statue speculation.

P.S. How old is the church in your estimation?
 
Upvote 0
Not sure how old, but the land its on has been settled on since early 1700's.
 
Upvote 0
Thank you 4-H.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom