What's new

Religious piece?

Garabaldi

Bronze Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2009
Messages
2,382
Reaction score
100
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Whites M6, Whites Pulse Diver, ETRAC.
Both ends are broken. Any ideas what this would have been to?
 

Attachments

  • 048.webp
    048.webp
    28.8 KB · Views: 352
  • 049.webp
    049.webp
    30.2 KB · Views: 351
  • 050.webp
    050.webp
    26.1 KB · Views: 365
i dont think so, mabey like a labor union medalion or watchfob thing :icon_scratch: :dontknow:
Its just the ladder with squigy thing doesnt add up
 
Upvote 0
jdsarasin8194 said:
i dont think so, mabey like a labor union medalion or watchfob thing :icon_scratch: :dontknow:
Its just the ladder with squigy thing doesnt add up

My hunch is a broken watch winder.

And perhaps Masonic.
 
Upvote 0
The first thing I thought is that its some kind of medal worn by roofers :tongue3:

The thing with the ladder looks like a mop used for hot tar.
 
Upvote 0
I'm going with religious rosary metal, and thinking it could be Jacob's Ladder related or education related with the helping hand, apple, pencil, and climbing the ladder of success/education. Breezie
 
Upvote 0
This is a good one. Maybe from an Arma Christi watch fob. I think G is correct in being possibly religious because they are instruments and symbols of the Crucifixion. Ladder, sponge on reed and hand. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arma_Christi

cross Passion-instruments.webp cross hand Passion-instruments-2.webp
 
Upvote 0
I agree with that BigC - well done. :icon_thumleft: Here is another version of the ladder with reed and sponge which is close to the image on the object-

28b8bqp.jpg
 
Upvote 0
The 3 "B"s can't be wrong! Good ID's Breezy,Bch and Bramble. :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
Regarding the hand:
John 18:22 English Standard Version (©2001)
"When he had said these things, one of the officers standing by struck Jesus with his hand, saying, “Is that how you answer the high priest?”
Don....
 
Upvote 0
Just my take but I think it has something to do with a chimney sweep rather than a roofer......
 
Upvote 0
BCH, nice ID on the Arma Christi. It could easily be from a watch fob or a rosary since it has/had a catch-loop at both ends; either way, the ID-ing of the symbol was the most important. :thumbsup: Breezie
 
Upvote 0
Breezie said:
BCH, nice ID on the Arma Christi. It could easily be from a watch fob or a rosary since it has/had a catch-loop at both ends; either way, the ID-ing of the symbol was the most important. :thumbsup: Breezie
Its the right size and shape for a rosary but every rosary I looked at or used when I was young had 3 attachment points on the center piece (12) so its doubtful this is from a rosary. rosary center.webp

catholic-rosary2.webp
 
Upvote 0
bigcypresshunter said:
Breezie said:
BCH, nice ID on the Arma Christi. It could easily be from a watch fob or a rosary since it has/had a catch-loop at both ends; either way, the ID-ing of the symbol was the most important. :thumbsup: Breezie
Its the right size and shape for a rosary but every rosary I looked at or used when I was young had 3 attachment points on the center piece (12) so its doubtful this is from a rosary.

Duh! You're right BCH. I wasn't thinking. Breezie
 
Upvote 0
Truthfully it had been so long since I used one that I had to look it up.
 
Upvote 0
I think you have all determined it is religious. :headbang:
 
Upvote 0
Its definitely religious but to what? Maybe a bracelet.
 
Upvote 0
I was thinking a charm bracelet also bigcy. :dontknow:
 
Upvote 0
add 1 more "catholic" religious item vote --clearly "arma christi" symbols :icon_thumright:
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom