Nov 24, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• image-1238687659.jpg
    image-1238687659.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 117
Upvote 0
I remember when Bens had COLLECTOR value & not just MELT value. A roll of nice Bens used to be worth $140, and you could still get 1/2 oz of gold w/ them.

I remember back in 1990 at a local hobby shop-arcade kids were coming in with peace dollars and barber halves and turning them in for quarters to play the arcades. A few times I saw the exchange and bought a peace dollar and 3 barber halves at face and gave them to my dad, which he still has :)
Just kicking myself in the rear for buying sports cards back then instead of coins :(
But I was only 11 at the time.

Not in my time :) I remember when it hit $50.00 an ounce last year around April I think it was. Had tons of fun selling those :)

Seener53 said:
I remember back in 1990 at a local hobby shop-arcade kids were coming in with peace dollars and barber halves and turning them in for quarters to play the arcades. A few times I saw the exchange and bought a peace dollar and 3 barber halves at face and gave them to my dad, which he still has :)
Just kicking myself in the rear for buying sports cards back then instead of coins :(

I'm kickin my self every day when I open my closet and I see box after box of baseball cards lol can't freaking give them away now

I always threw coin collecting and stamp collecting under the "nerd" category... I have about 3 shoe boxes and 10 notebooks full of baseball cards, with few to none being valuable.

A friend of mine use to trade in silver halves and dollars like they were nothing, to a local coin dealer near our homes. I know he was not getting top door especially after say the 10th time he came in in 2 weeks. These coins were in really really nice shape for the most part. His grandmother had passed away and had a house full of jars, filled with silver coins. I helped him and his father clean out the house of just odds and ends. The basement was just full of coins. I am going to guess his father got a little steamed when the coins turned up missing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back