removing your threads when they arent going your way

cybercop106

Sep 26, 2005
Back in the MO Ozarks
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes; Garrett GTAx 1000, Bounty Hunter Tracker 2D/707 and a pair of Tracker II models
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
removing your threads when they aren't going your way

I just recently started posting in some of the sub-forums where persons "don't always agree". Incorrect assertions and mis-characterized circumstances were becoming common-place in threads and I just got tired of consistently seeing that crap.
I let myself get drawn in and responded to some.
Now I noticed many of those threads have disappeared after the originator's comments were refuted.
Is that something that has always happened here?!

T

tulecanyon

Re: removing your threads when they aren't going your way

there was a purge.
check comment posted by mark in the rubber room.

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana

You kinda missed out on about a year of drama and only posted a few times when the decision was made to purge the political forum.

Trust me - it had nothing to do with you, or probebly most of us. :icon_sunny:

It was a management decision that was made.

I bet I had several hundred comments deleted in there...

OP
OP
cybercop106

cybercop106

Sep 26, 2005
Back in the MO Ozarks
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes; Garrett GTAx 1000, Bounty Hunter Tracker 2D/707 and a pair of Tracker II models
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Well, yeah, I know about that guys, I had a lot of posts wiped out too............... but I had at least five threads disappear since last night from World News and Events and from Everything Else, so that's what I was wondering about right now. One of them was CZ's, and I understand he asked to be removed from TNet, so that might explain one, but two others were about Sarah Palin (and Alaska) and the fourth was posting bumper stickers about how to annoy the other political party and the fifth was about the Iranian Death Ship............. in the last two threads I made off-color comments ;D that might have been censored but no-one admonished me about them so I'm confused?!?

OP
OP
cybercop106

cybercop106

Sep 26, 2005
Back in the MO Ozarks
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks

Cybercop106 said:
I just recently started posting in some of the sub-forums where persons "don't always agree". Incorrect assertions and mis-characterized circumstances were becoming common-place in threads and I just got tired of consistently seeing that crap.
I let myself get drawn in and responded to some.
Now I noticed many of those threads have disappeared after the originator's comments were refuted.
Is that something that has always happened here?!
I think they removed yours brother ...because ...well you know....you're a dork. :D

OP
OP
cybercop106

cybercop106

Sep 26, 2005
Back in the MO Ozarks
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Gypsy Witch said:
I think they removed yours brother ...because ...well you know....you're a dork. :D

Well, yeah, but I'm a knowledgeable dork!!!! It was done out of pure fear............ :tongue3:

But how will I ever get to Hero Level if my post count keeps dropping due to deleted threads?! >:(

Guess I better just post in the non-oppositional sub-forums, huh!?! :thumbsup:

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks

Cybercop106 said:
Gypsy Witch said:

Well, yeah, but I'm a knowledgeable dork!!!! It was done out of pure fear............ :tongue3:

But how will I ever get to Hero Level if my post count keeps dropping due to deleted threads?! >:(

Guess I better just post in the non-oppositional sub-forums, huh!?! :thumbsup:
Hey ,dont worry....look at me ....I have a few posts built up and trust me ...I have so many posts removed it isnt funny.....I think Marc deleted or quarrantined about twenty in one swift slice in a span of ten minutes........LOL....its no big deal....and I thought most of mine made sense also....blahahahaha...probally not but thats my story......

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Cybercop106 said:
Well, yeah, I know about that guys, I had a lot of posts wiped out too............... but I had at least five threads disappear since last night from World News and Events and from Everything Else, so that's what I was wondering about right now. One of them was CZ's, and I understand he asked to be removed from TNet, so that might explain one, but two others were about Sarah Palin (and Alaska) and the fourth was posting bumper stickers about how to annoy the other political party and the fifth was about the Iranian Death Ship............. in the last two threads I made off-color comments ;D that might have been censored but no-one admonished me about them so I'm confused?!?

I deleted alot of the Political Posts from the Everything Else
Thread
(I may have missed some :( )
Non from World news unless it was accidental.

Political posts should be in Politics

If Politics gets removed then there should Not be any Political posts.

Was Not an attack on you or anyone just a decision
to stop moving political posts when it should be obvious where
they belong :wink:

Marc

Silver Member
Mar 19, 2003
Northern Hemisphere
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

People have always been allowed to remove their own topics.

However, recently MANY posts were deleted by the admin and mods... so most likely, the user you are referring to did NOT delete a thread because it wasn't going their way.

As our terms state "We reserve the right to delete or modify any post, avatar or image, at any time, and for any reason. We reserve the right to limit any users' access to any feature, including the ability to search, post, browse, upload avatars, etc. We reserve the right to ban any user, and/or delete any user account (including all posts) at any time, for any reason. Bans are not subject to member review, approval, protest, or appeal."

OP
OP
cybercop106

cybercop106

Sep 26, 2005
Back in the MO Ozarks
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Yeah, I was just wondering because I didn't see anything in those threads (up to the time I logged out) that was particularly 'removal worthy' by a Moderator.

It seems kind of messed up that anyone can post whatever garbage they want and if they are called on it they can just remove the entire thread, making it seem like it never happened?!

In that case, is there any way to keep track of that kind of thing and limit posts from the most frequent offenders or sanction them some other way? Haha, like you don't have enough to do already,"baby-sitting" us :D

But stirring up crap and then concealing it when it doesn't turn out to benefit them seems pretty pathetic.............

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks

Cybercop106 said:
It seems kind of messed up that anyone can post whatever garbage they want and if they are called on it they can just remove the entire thread, making it seem like it never happened?!

In that case, is there any way to keep track of that kind of thing and limit posts from the most frequent offenders or sanction them some other way? Haha, like you don't have enough to do already,"baby-sitting" us :D

But stirring up crap and then concealing it when it doesn't turn out to benefit them seems pretty pathetic.............

Its called Moderator Baptism.... :D.....wash your sins away with one swift dunk....hahahahahah....and its a good thing....I have been upset or mad about something and posted on the fly..then once reread I realized that was not the tone I wanted to set or image I want to project.........if you think you need to save something of yours or others you could copy and paste to a file...................after you have been here awhile you will see that some folks have a knack for stirring the pot and then repeat themselves every two or three months.....you just tend to ignore their rambling....which by the way this is turning into ..... :D

But if you post something you copied down the road...thats not really fair either,if the original poster deleted it .

OP
OP
cybercop106

cybercop106

Sep 26, 2005
Back in the MO Ozarks
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I just hate to waste research, time and/or good material on someone's thread who removes it after their postings are shown to be 'fallacious'.............

Oh well, just ignore my sour grapes............ :P

Marc

Silver Member
Mar 19, 2003
Northern Hemisphere
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

Siegfried Schlagrule said:
When something is there I want to come back to I'll click the notify me for further posts. I've tried to save some on my computer but if it gets deleted I'm not sure that works. I know i've copied and printed a lot of things that i can't find later.
I got curious about deleting posts after everyone started talking so I went to one of mine and tried to remove it and got an error message saying I couldn't delete the starting post of a topic if others had responded to it or something like that. I can see why that is but don't see how others have figured out how to do it. Hard to believe that all those posts where that happenned were started by people who got banned.
Maybe someone who is up on doing that couldn't explain the process in simple terms. siegfried schlagrule

To delete a thread you started, you need to look towards the lower left of the entire thread - below the white area - and look for "REMOVE TOPIC".

Marc

T

The.Boomer

Sheesh, I must be posting too much. I wouldn't even know it if a Mod removed one of my posts. I make so many, I wouldn't remember them if no one else posted in the same thread. In fact I know for a fact there's been some posts of mine that have gone unanswered and thus they faded away into the great unread chasm of T-Net. :D Oh well CC, Lets face it, nothing you or I post is really note worthy enough for posterity. ;D :wink:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread