What's new

Requiem for a pinpointer?

smokeythecat

Platinum Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2012
Messages
20,926
Reaction score
41,158
Golden Thread
10
Location
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
10
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I lost my pinpointer outside a couple weeks ago. Then it got found. It got rained on hard....twice. I took it apart and wrecked the on off button and it was very corroded inside. I cleaned it up, but did not have the switch to fix it. So I sent it back to Garrett to see about a fix.

Think it has a chance? I bought it in 2011.
 
Garrett has an outstanding after sales service team.
No matter what they have to replace,, it will be cheaper than a new one and come back looking brand new.
Maybe it's time to get a Garrett Carrot.
 
Please let us know the outcome of the Garrett service.
Best of luck!
 
I actually did buy a carrot also.
 
I'd be interested to see the results of this as well since I recently purchased a pro-pointer.
 
ummm you have a waterproof one? then why use or repair a nonwaterproof one?
 
although I should add, I don't use one
 
The first broken one is kind of a pet. Gotta take care of it.
 
I did also buy a new one. Sometimes I take a newbie out, and will now have a second one to loan out.
 
I have not make up my mind, to which pinpointer that I am going purchase in April or May.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom