What's new

Resizing Pictures

RitaPA.

Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 14, 2009
Messages
36
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
Location
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
I am trying to post some pictures on here of things I have found but they are to big.I have tried using paint but when I save them they are the same size.Does anyone have any suggestions?
 
I use Paint all the time to resize pics:


-Open the program "Paint".

-Then click "File" and then "Open". This will bring up the folders/files on your computer.

-Select the file you wish to work with.

-With the file/image open click on "Image". This will open a drop down menu.

-From the drop down menu, click "Stretch/Skew". This will open another box.

-In this box you will see "Stretch" with options for "Horizontal" and "Vertical". The %'s for these will be at 100.

-Change the value from 100 to your new percentage (either shrinking or enlarging) and click OK.

-Save the newly sized photo as a new file so as to retain your original.
 
I downloaded a program VSO Image Resizer 4, It seems to work pretty good.
 
"Pixresizer" - A very simple,easy to use program. :)

http://pixresizer.en.softonic.com/

If posting pics onto this site? Then open an account with "photobucket". It's free and once you upload your pics to there,just copy the "IMG" link from the pics in photobucket and paste into your box here...and photobucket automatically chooses the best size and quality for the page! (pics are sharper too.) :thumbsup:
 
Another neat little trick is to email the photos to yourself using AOL.

AOL will resize the photos as you send them.
 
UncleVinnys said:
Another neat little trick is to email the photos to yourself using AOL.

AOL will resize the photos as you send them.

Just a general little ditty on forwarding mails:

I believe, just like with copying prints of prints, that one loses resolution (definition/quality) with each send. Not that it matters much for everyday PC viewing. If I need to send a detailed picture to somebody that is very very important or for printing I try to get as close to the first take as I can. Especially important with antique pics.

Open to correction if I'm wrong.
 
DigginThePast said:
I use Paint all the time to resize pics:


-Open the program "Paint".

-Then click "File" and then "Open". This will bring up the folders/files on your computer.

-Select the file you wish to work with.

-With the file/image open click on "Image". This will open a drop down menu.

-From the drop down menu, click "Stretch/Skew". This will open another box.

-In this box you will see "Stretch" with options for "Horizontal" and "Vertical". The %'s for these will be at 100.

-Change the value from 100 to your new percentage (either shrinking or enlarging) and click OK.

-Save the newly sized photo as a new file so as to retain your original.
I also use paint to resize... if you right click on the picture, select edit, it will paste it into paint. 20 to 25% is a good size for posting
 
I had my friend show me how to do this today on my apple ,open photo in preview click tool and click resize adj. type in pixel size and then save it is ready. :thumbsup:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom