What's new

Results from a 1000.00 bag of Ikes

Scalper

Bronze Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2006
Messages
1,217
Reaction score
9
Golden Thread
0
Location
Curitiba, Brazil
Finally manage to get some a bag of big old Ikes ....



1925 Peace dollar

1897 Morgan

3 1971 S proofs

1976 S proof




WOOHOO... some of them are in bad shape 2 of the 71s are really good but damn I am happy my first finds for all these coins ;D


Havent had a chance to check for errors and sorry about the sh*tty pics, Ed
 

Attachments

  • ikes 015.webp
    ikes 015.webp
    49 KB · Views: 537
Upvote 0
That's a good yield as far as value of silver. The proofs are 40% silver I believe?

Jim
 
jim4silver said:
That's a good yield as far as value of silver. The proofs are 40% silver I believe?

Jim



Yeah they are Jim , melt value they are worth about 5.00 each .....
 
Nice score scalper. I found a 1922 Peace in a bag.
 
thats f%$%$ awesome. I cant get anyone to order them for me. love the Morgan
 
Kudos on the silver! Seems like when someone does get a bag-o-ikes, it usually has one or two goodies in it. Again, congratulations! HH, Gpurs....
 
Thank guys , I have my own forum for trading stock options and one of my friends was cool enough to search around and then send them to me ... :tongue3: plus the bag was over by $40.00 or so.. hmmm ....
 
Scalper said:
Thank guys , I have my own forum for trading stock options and one of my friends was cool enough to search around and then send them to me ... :tongue3: plus the bag was over by $40.00 or so.. hmmm ....

Can't beat that. Nice score Scalper. :thumbsup:

cmhoose
 
The bag was over by $40?! That's awesome Scalper. Good job, hope you're able to get some more bags!

Brian
 
Nice finds. What are you doing with the non-silver. I've seen folks get a premium on ebay but I don't know if it's worth the hassle.
 
I can vouch for it not being worth it. After eBay fees and shipping costs, you're lucky to make a few bucks. Weigh in the time cost of listing, packaging, and shipping the items and unless you don't value your free time or really enjoy those activities.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom