Upper Canada πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Return to the 'Nature Park'- Round 3

Got back to the park yesterday for a third go round in the past 7 days and made some more decent finds ... although I'm still only finding modern coins! :icon_scratch: This really has me baffled as I feel I should be finding some older coins by now. All of these buckles were found between 6" - 8" deep in an area of 30' x 30', the 'Buckle Shield' was at 8". I'm concentrating on the high ground as this seems to be where most of the buckles are coming from. I found all 11 bullet casings in a 1 foot square area, these are dated 1920, I think the buckles must be of a similar vintage ... let me know what you think might've been going on here. :dontknow:

Best of luck to you all,
Dave

Attachments

• SDC18899.JPG
    SDC18899.JPG
    90.7 KB · Views: 86
  • SDC18900.JPG
    SDC18900.JPG
    93.8 KB · Views: 86
  • SDC18907.JPG
    SDC18907.JPG
    70.4 KB · Views: 95
  • SDC18906.JPG
    SDC18906.JPG
    71.1 KB · Views: 89
  • SDC18908.JPG
    SDC18908.JPG
    84.5 KB · Views: 88
  • SDC18905.JPG
    SDC18905.JPG
    58.1 KB · Views: 93
  • SDC18913.JPG
    SDC18913.JPG
    54.7 KB · Views: 93
  • SDC18919.JPG
    SDC18919.JPG
    46.1 KB · Views: 83
  • SDC18918.JPG
    SDC18918.JPG
    47 KB · Views: 86
  • SDC18912.JPG
    SDC18912.JPG
    46.3 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:
Upvote 9

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Maybe you have to clear those bigger targets before the old coins can be found? You should at least find some good silver with those relics. Keep trying Dave....I know you'll succeed.

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Baffling yes.
Often what we expect just isn't there, and sometimes what we don't expect is.
The bullets, and relics "should" indicate that some LG cents, and a few silvers are there....

However one thing I notice from the base of the trees is that the place is quite heavily filled, which might be putting dimes, and fishscales out of reach ? but hey that's just a theory.

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seems like quite a bit of horse tack out there .

Nothing wrong with those finds , let's hope a few old gems turn up ! HH Dave

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool Finds .

Def, a Beautiful Area.

Good Luck

Davers

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice findings!! I love finding buckles and horse tack, you just do not find that type of items in the newer public areas here, chomping at the bit, can't hardly wait to hit the fields this fall !!

OP
OP
ANTIQUARIAN

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice finds! Thanks for sharing...

Thank you Sir! :icon_salut:

Maybe you have to clear those bigger targets before the old coins can be found? You should at least find some good silver with those relics. Keep trying Dave....I know you'll succeed.

Thanks for the advice Dave! :thumbsup:
This park is huge and I need to take my time here.
Yesterday, I went back to a spot I hit two weeks ago, I went slow and in 15mins I found a 1918 Dog Tag! :o

This park still has a lot to give, and I'm going to be kept busy here for a long time!
Dave

Baffling yes.
Often what we expect just isn't there, and sometimes what we don't expect is.
The bullets, and relics "should" indicate that some LG cents, and a few silvers are there....

However one thing I notice from the base of the trees is that the place is quite heavily filled, which might be putting dimes, and fishscales out of reach ? but hey that's just a theory.

I hear you Rick ... I think the park's soil has been 'groomed' to some extent. This would probably explain why I'm making so many finds on the high ground but none in the low lying areas.
Most of the finds are at the 6" - 8" level and these are heavy (not light) finds, so there have to be some older coins here somewhere right!?:dontknow:
Congrats on making the BANNER with your 8-Reale bud! :occasion14:
Dave

Seems like quite a bit of horse tack out there .

Nothing wrong with those finds , let's hope a few old gems turn up ! HH Dave

Thanks buddy! :thumbsup:
We've got a long weekend here in Canada this weekend, so I hope to be there quite a bit ... that is if my wife permits me! :laughing7:

Best of luck to you my friend,
Dave

That's a lot of belt buckles you got there, what are people doing in that park to loose all of them? :3some:

I'm still trying to figure what was going on here, as all I've been finding is horse tack.
No square nails, coins, pottery, glass, demolition material in the ground or anything to suggest what this properties original function might have been. :icon_scratch:

Time will tell though ... thanks for your post!
Dave

Bow-Chicka-Wow-Wow.....;)

Niccccccccccce! :laughing7:

Cool Finds .

Def, a Beautiful Area.

Good Luck

Davers

Thanks Dave, I appreciate your post!
Dave

Nice findings!! I love finding buckles and horse tack, you just do not find that type of items in the newer public areas here, chomping at the bit, can't hardly wait to hit the fields this fall !!

I hear you bud, I love hunting the fields as well! :thumbsup:
I'm anxiously awaiting the harvest this fall to get back out there before the lands are developed for housing next year!

Best of luck to you CRM,
Dave

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
let me know what you think might've been going on here.

IDK but I like your finds now you need to move to the older section, ha lol What a beautiful spot to detect, Have fun with it Dave.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice relic finds!

The reason for no old coins maybe that the relic pieces are larger and easier for the detector to see, coins are smaller. The coins maybe there but not registering because they are a smaller size,and a larger targeting is near.

You will pull out a coin, I hope it's a big one!

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm thinking someone with a belt buckle fetish was hiding there and looting people for their buckles. If they did not comply he would shoot them and take their buckles hence all the shell casings found in that one spot. Eventually someone had a quicker draw and where he fell all the buckles were deposited.

HISPAN

Gold Member
Mar 15, 2009
Detector(s) used
WHITES MXT ,GARRET ACE150,GARRET SEA HUNT MARK II.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
nice Buckle ! ;)

OP
OP
ANTIQUARIAN

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
"let me know what you think might've been going on here".

IDK but I like your finds now you need to move to the older section, ha lol What a beautiful spot to detect, Have fun with it Dave.

Thanks for your advice Treb! :thumbsup:
I'm heading back there again today, hopefully silver will be in my future!
Dave

Nice relic finds!

The reason for no old coins maybe that the relic pieces are larger and easier for the detector to see, coins are smaller. The coins maybe there but not registering because they are a smaller size,and a larger targeting is near.

You will pull out a coin, I hope it's a big one!

Thanks very much for your advice BB, I've recently gone back over a couple of the spots where I made buckle finds at but without success. :dontknow:
Hopefully today my luck will change, as I plan on hitting more of the high ground areas this afternoon!

Thanks for your great post as always!:thumbsup:
Dave

I'm thinking someone with a belt buckle fetish was hiding there and looting people for their buckles. If they did not comply he would shoot them and take their buckles hence all the shell casings found in that one spot. Eventually someone had a quicker draw and where he fell all the buckles were deposited.

I think you may be onto something with your theory Breez! :tongue3:
Sure wish I had your imagination, I'd probably be finding better relics if I did! :laughing7:

Thanks for your post and for the laugh,
Dave

nice Buckle ! ;)
Thanks H! :occasion14:
Dave

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dave how big is this park ?

It could be you just haven't got your coil over the old coin, you said you were there 3 times, well where I just got the 8 reale 2 of us were there 6 or 7 times, the area probably no more than 200 foot square around the old foundation, the 8R coming on the last trip. I'm sure your park is much bigger than 1 acre, therefore, and I guess the point is it is easy to miss something.

Surely perservence WILL get you some old silver. Good Luck.

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya know, I just gotta read the subject lines a little closer. I thought this said, "Naturist Park". LOL

Great finds!

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
COOL finds Dave,

Somewhere in all that sod has to be a real LOOKER:laughing7: If anyone will find it................you will.:laughing7:

GOD Bless

Chris

OP
OP
ANTIQUARIAN

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Dave how big is this park ?

It could be you just haven't got your coil over the old coin, you said you were there 3 times, well where I just got the 8 reale 2 of us were there 6 or 7 times, the area probably no more than 200 foot square around the old foundation, the 8R coming on the last trip. I'm sure your park is much bigger than 1 acre, therefore, and I guess the point is it is easy to miss something.

Surely perservence WILL get you some old silver. Good Luck.
Hey Rick! :hello:
The size of this park is probably in the range of 8 - 10 acres, I've literally barely scratched the surface here! I have been concentrating on the 'high ground' areas first and there must be at least 10 more high spots I need to investigate before I start detecting the hills. I made some interesting finds again today which I'll post later tonight, as yet still no coins dating earlier than 1960. :icon_scratch: I'm thinking these areas must have been a livestock paddock or barn area, as today I found part of a gate hinge and a few more square nails.
Thanks again for your advice my friend, :thumbsup:
Dave

Ya know, I just gotta read the subject lines a little closer. I thought this said, "Naturist Park". LOL

Great finds!
Buddy you wouldn't want to see me detecting naked ... it's not a pretty sight I'm telling you! :laughing9:
Dave

COOL finds Dave,

Somewhere in all that sod has to be a real LOOKER:laughing7: If anyone will find it................you will.:laughing7:

GOD Bless

Chris

Thanks very much Chris! :thumbsup:
Hope you're having a good year my friend,
Dave

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Now Gary....where would they put the coins to be lost???

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread