Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a difference a day makes. Yesterday a friend and I got out for a hunt. We were rained on, eaten alive by mosquitoes, hunting fields with wet knee high grass, and he was doing it with a bad coil. The take was a crotal bell for him, a silver disk for me... it was not a good day.

But today was certainly different.

I dug a British 1790s/War of 1812 General Service Officer button, and a Rev War Loyalist King's American Regiment Officer button... and both quite nice! I also just bought a smart phone so had a camera, and as if it was meant to be this is my first shots ever from the field, and the button landed exactly as it's shown in the picture... I didn't touch it and called my friend over to check it out, and then took the pics. I also got a piece of a 1 real which is likely counterfeit, a rotted halfpenny, and 1963 silver quarter. So I guess today's theme was quality over quantity, although we did dig a lot of targets, most being old trash. A good day it was.

Attachments

• field1.jpg
    field1.jpg
    173.2 KB · Views: 239
  • sp1.jpg
    sp1.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 212
  • 7878.jpg
    7878.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 256
  • w1.jpg
    w1.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 233
  • field2.jpg
    field2.jpg
    237.3 KB · Views: 179
  • bgs1.jpg
    bgs1.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 153
Last edited:
Upvote 31

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You've been hunting about as often as I have this year...almost none, but when you do...
Those are a couple of severely nice buttons.
The sword, and batton crossed I've only seen once before, and you know who found that.
Good hunt, I'd be thrilled to find either of those two.

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Absolutely Killer Finds I.P. !! I'm just seeing this now - I'm blown away by the condition of those - Banner worthy for sure !
you got age , condition and history . Nice .

Those are three I like... and you can throw a little value in there too! :) The last few hunts have been touch here being the Summer so this was a very lucky day.

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow, talk about a bunch of killer finds!
you killed it on the buttons!
congrats

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You've been hunting about as often as I have this year...almost none, but when you do...
Those are a couple of severely nice buttons.
The sword, and batton crossed I've only seen once before, and you know who found that.
Good hunt, I'd be thrilled to find either of those two.

Yeah and at the time I thought that would be a great one to get, but the one and only chance had passed me by. But surprise surprise.

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow what a great set of buttons

gheenoe78

Nov 21, 2014
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds. Thanks for sharing. Love those rev war buttons!

How did you clean the Kings American to bring out the gilt like that?

Last edited:

Getty

Bronze Member
May 1, 2005
Maryland
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Superb recoveries IP ! Great pieces of History.

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
It's hard to not keep trying an old known site, especially with those results!
I would donate a pint of blood to the mosquitoes just for a day of detecting at this point, but I'll have to wait til later.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice to see you've upgraded to get some photo's from out in the field as the finds get popped. A total of 8 finds of this quality for this time of the year out in the field is a winner for sure.

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's hard to not keep trying an old known site, especially with those results!
I would donate a pint of blood to the mosquitoes just for a day of detecting at this point, but I'll have to wait til later.

Well I'm pretty sure I don't have to say where we were, and the dumb part is that place wasn't even on my radar because I thought surely it would be planted. So the plan, which in hind-sight seems pretty dumb now, was to check the 3rd American field and if planted shoot straight North to a French area. You might find it interesting that none of the Kings buttons were found in the iron. His two at the front left corner in the middle non iron zone, and mine in front of the site, on the right side, just a few feet from the edge. I think that was long every time were were there and is why I walked over.... but didn't get another target. So if nothing else it shows how truly random they are to find there, but the front portion of the field tends to be the hot spot, and I guess that makes sense because it's no doubt where the older iron is as the later house was back a bit.

Darby

Mar 31, 2013
South Carolina
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Super nice buttons! Great condition and a great piece of history. Congrats

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! Near perfect buttons! Fantastic! Congrats! That is rare.

The Patriot

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2009
Digging Relics
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox and CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dude you guys killed it....crazy to go from a crappy day to a banner!!! Voting banner! if USA buttons can make it up there, this rare button is a sure thing...??? hmmmmmm

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I'm pretty sure I don't have to say where we were, and the dumb part is that place wasn't even on my radar because I thought surely it would be planted. So the plan, which in hind-sight seems pretty dumb now, was to check the 3rd American field and if planted shoot straight North to a French area. You might find it interesting that none of the Kings buttons were found in the iron. His two at the front left corner in the middle non iron zone, and mine in front of the site, on the right side, just a few feet from the edge. I think that was long every time were were there and is why I walked over.... but didn't get another target. So if nothing else it shows how truly random they are to find there, but the front portion of the field tends to be the hot spot, and I guess that makes sense because it's no doubt where the older iron is as the later house was back a bit.

Damn...I would have found those for sure then...

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Damn...I would have found those for sure then...

Absolutely. I have no question all three would have been found in the area you would have been drawn to the most.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Both good looking buttons but the 1812 General Service is the first I have seen on here, so congrats on what must be a pretty rare button.

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Both good looking buttons but the 1812 General Service is the first I have seen on here, so congrats on what must be a pretty rare button.

Ironhorse dug one at the same site, but they aren't something that turn up often. Once I dug it my day was made, and that was only being able to ID it, it was so corroded.

cerebus

Oct 9, 2008
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Etrac CTX
I tell ya that first day was rough! Mosquito bites everywhere, soaked, and my coil sounded like a pinball machine. One of those days you remember for painful reasons, lol.
But the next day was awesome, IP was nice enough to lend me a working coil, and it was all good from there! Great day and gotta say thanks again for showing me around. Tomorrow is hopefully more like the second day.......

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tell ya that first day was rough! Mosquito bites everywhere, soaked, and my coil sounded like a pinball machine. One of those days you remember for painful reasons, lol.
But the next day was awesome, IP was nice enough to lend me a working coil, and it was all good from there! Great day and gotta say thanks again for showing me around. Tomorrow is hopefully more like the second day.......

So what are you going to use for a coil this time? :) That SEF has a 2 Kings button limit. I do have an ace 250. :happysmiley:

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread