Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a difference a day makes. Yesterday a friend and I got out for a hunt. We were rained on, eaten alive by mosquitoes, hunting fields with wet knee high grass, and he was doing it with a bad coil. The take was a crotal bell for him, a silver disk for me... it was not a good day.

But today was certainly different.

I dug a British 1790s/War of 1812 General Service Officer button, and a Rev War Loyalist King's American Regiment Officer button... and both quite nice! I also just bought a smart phone so had a camera, and as if it was meant to be this is my first shots ever from the field, and the button landed exactly as it's shown in the picture... I didn't touch it and called my friend over to check it out, and then took the pics. I also got a piece of a 1 real which is likely counterfeit, a rotted halfpenny, and 1963 silver quarter. So I guess today's theme was quality over quantity, although we did dig a lot of targets, most being old trash. A good day it was.

Attachments

• field1.jpg
    field1.jpg
    173.2 KB · Views: 239
  • sp1.jpg
    sp1.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 212
  • 7878.jpg
    7878.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 256
  • w1.jpg
    w1.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 233
  • field2.jpg
    field2.jpg
    237.3 KB · Views: 179
  • bgs1.jpg
    bgs1.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 153
Last edited:
Upvote 31

Patriot Relics

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2014
Lowcountry, South Carolina / Richmond, Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
CTX-3030, Deus XP II
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Another Loyalist King's American Regiment Officer button!! Incredible digs IP- I am drooling over here. Big congrats on another outstanding find- any advice to share on how you cleaned it? Lemon juice and a toothbrush?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another Loyalist King's American Regiment Officer button!! Incredible digs IP- I am drooling over here. Big congrats on another outstanding find- any advice to share on how you cleaned it? Lemon juice and a toothbrush?

Yep, all 4 with lemon juice and a little brushing. The King's buttons only took a few minutes.

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Both beautiful finds! It's good to see you've been hunting and posting again. :)

Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SO, you actually do own a detector? And know how to use it?? Wow, I thought you were only here to crush people's dream finds! Lol..
You know I would kill to find one of them! Awsome find..
I do belive they should be on the banner!

Silver Tree Chaser

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2012
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man, those are some killer button finds. Congrats on scoring some great finds.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fantastic finds and in amazing shape. One good day makes you forget the bad ones. That smart phone took some great insitus too. Congrats on your "historical" finds.:thumbsup:
HH

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
SO, you actually do own a detector? And know how to use it?? Wow, I thought you were only here to crush people's dream finds! Lol..
You know I would kill to find one of them! Awsome find..
I do belive they should be on the banner!
...but did you vote? Lol.

jwarner51

Aug 11, 2014
United states of America
Detector(s) used
Minelab Exterra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy cow that button is amazing!!!! Banner in my opinion. And just curious what makes you think the reale piece is counterfeit just trying to learn something new

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy cow that button is amazing!!!! Banner in my opinion. And just curious what makes you think the reale piece is counterfeit just trying to learn something new

Very thin for the amount of detail and the way it's broken... doesn't seem like something silver would do as silver usually just bends, but I guess it is possible.

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome digs! Great that you can take field pics now, and you were rewarded with a VERY nice, photogenic button recovery in the field. Love it when they just turn up like that you can tell what they are immediately.

P.S.--does this mean that we can look at THIS button pic for the next 5 years, instead of the Other button now? :laughing7:

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome digs! Great that you can take field pics now, and you were rewarded with a VERY nice, photogenic button recovery in the field. Love it when they just turn up like that you can tell what they are immediately.

P.S.--does this mean that we can look at THIS button pic for the next 5 years, instead of the Other button now? :laughing7:

I now have 5 I can rotate! :headbang: If I ever find the plate you'll see that one every day for the next 5 years. :)

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I now have 5 I can rotate! :headbang: If I ever find the plate you'll see that one every day for the next 5 years. :)

Haha, if you find the plate, I won't mind seeing it for 5 years!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread