What's new

Rev War Bayonett, Pulley & Creeper

CanDiver

Full Member
Joined
Sep 4, 2010
Messages
117
Reaction score
368
Golden Thread
5
🥇 Banner finds
5
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280/Anderson Detector shaft modifications
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rev

I went
 
Last edited:
Upvote 10
Congrats on some amazing Revolutionary War relics! :notworthy:
 
Wow those are some very impressive finds.. Congrats.. I love that bayonet..
 
What's a creeper?
 
The bayonet seems remarkably well preserved , and what is a creeper ? fascinating finds
 
casper2Z.webpA LGER.gif
 
What's a creeper?

Hi, They attached to the bottom of the soldiers boot, Especially light Infantry for winter warfare.
 
diver.gif
Nice finds CanDiver!
 
Wow an early crampon, never seen one of those!

The bayonett would have made my day, we have about 0 chance of one of those over here!
 
Amazing finds as always! Absolutely awesome!
 
Those are some really cool finds, but I'm particularly interested in that pulley. I dug a pulley wheel back in March from the bottom of a 1700s trash pit (3 ft down), but I didn't have a clue what it might have been used for. It's the round item in the upper middle of the pic below that's just to the left of the large piece of blue and white pottery and to the right of the large cent. You can't see much from that view but it does have the deep groove where the rope would have been and is unmistakenly a pulley. Not sure if mine would have come from a ship, but can't imagine any other use for it. Do you have any references that discuss colonial pulleys and their use? Thanks, and congrats again on some great recoveries.

031513a.webp
 
Very nice bayonet, love the pulley, the creeper had my curiosity up as well, but I thought it must of had to do with walking on ice from the looks of it, thanks to others for asking for clarification and to you for your answer.

Bill I would guess that your small pulley could be from a block and tackle, or as mentioned by Joey a window mechanism, but I'm not sure how far back weights in windows go.
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom