What's new

Rev War finds( New York)

colonial relic hunter

Full Member
Joined
Nov 26, 2007
Messages
149
Reaction score
19
Golden Thread
0
Location
Harrison city, Pa
Detector(s) used
Troy Shadow X3 & X2 and X5. Whites spectrum & silver eagle ll. Garrett ADS 4.
Wess here I'll start post some of the finds. I hope you like them! Bill(pa)
 

Attachments

  • Artillery hook & chain.webp
    Artillery hook & chain.webp
    178.7 KB · Views: 1,538
  • bighoerevwar.webp
    bighoerevwar.webp
    130.5 KB · Views: 1,515
  • emplet.webp
    emplet.webp
    42.2 KB · Views: 1,505
  • 1746halfreale.webp
    1746halfreale.webp
    2.5 KB · Views: 1,657
  • Buttonfinds.webp
    Buttonfinds.webp
    31.9 KB · Views: 1,508
Upvote 0
What was the hook and chain used for? I found the same thing in my Fathers yard.
 
Hi CRH,This is weird,I just found the exact same relics the other day ! :thumbsup:
 

Attachments

  • MVC-001F.webp
    MVC-001F.webp
    38.4 KB · Views: 1,214
The chain and hook look familiar, maybe something to do with a cannon carriage?
 
Jimmy(PA) said:
The chain and hook look familiar, maybe something to do with a cannon carriage?


Yes Jimmy that's what I think too. This one is marked at the base of the hook. I have another one that is much thinner and that one was used for hanging the pots & pan over a fire. Here look at the comparisons next to each other. One is used to tie down cannon to carriage and the other for hanging pots and pans over a fire. one ting they have in common; they were found at the same battle site.

I am glad a lot of you have this interest in the period. Thanks everyone.

Bill
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2703.webp
    IMG_2703.webp
    10.8 KB · Views: 768

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom