What's new

Rev War shoulder belt plate??

Eagle101

Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 22, 2012
Messages
396
Reaction score
832
Golden Thread
2
Location
New England
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett AT Gold,
Garrett AT Pro. Makro racer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I got out with my buddy for a couple of hours yesterday. All I found was a British musket ball. He found this amazing plate. I've been trying to find out what it is. I looked it up in Don Trioni''s book. I found similar designs with the R but no matches. It was found in an area with a ton of Revolutionary war action. I'm crossing my fingers!!
 

Attachments

  • 1480240056666.webp
    1480240056666.webp
    26.3 KB · Views: 154
  • 1480240069456.webp
    1480240069456.webp
    28.7 KB · Views: 161
  • 1480240080588.webp
    1480240080588.webp
    33.6 KB · Views: 148
  • 1480240363703.webp
    1480240363703.webp
    25 KB · Views: 135
  • 1480240374382.webp
    1480240374382.webp
    35.9 KB · Views: 149
Upvote 48
It could definitely be Rev War era, but it's probably not military. I can't picture too many soldiers wearing an adornment with two flowers on it! Anything's possible, but I'd be shocked if it was military related.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom