What's new

Rev War shoulder belt plate??

Eagle101

Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 22, 2012
Messages
396
Reaction score
832
Golden Thread
2
Location
New England
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett AT Gold,
Garrett AT Pro. Makro racer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I got out with my buddy for a couple of hours yesterday. All I found was a British musket ball. He found this amazing plate. I've been trying to find out what it is. I looked it up in Don Trioni''s book. I found similar designs with the R but no matches. It was found in an area with a ton of Revolutionary war action. I'm crossing my fingers!!
 

Attachments

  • 1480240056666.webp
    1480240056666.webp
    26.3 KB · Views: 154
  • 1480240069456.webp
    1480240069456.webp
    28.7 KB · Views: 161
  • 1480240080588.webp
    1480240080588.webp
    33.6 KB · Views: 148
  • 1480240363703.webp
    1480240363703.webp
    25 KB · Views: 135
  • 1480240374382.webp
    1480240374382.webp
    35.9 KB · Views: 149
Upvote 48
Eagle
Very interesting find,i`ll keep my eye on this one,looks Rev.War period .
Gary
 
That is an awesome little plate. Hope you find some info on it.
 
Very cool plate! Good luck with the ID. H Digs
 
tn_outstanding.gif
Nice find and can't wait for a member to ID it.
 
That's a beauty! Hope it turns out to be something great.
 
I'm excited about this one. Hope you have a great one
 
Very cool! How does the sizing match up to Dons example?

His is listed as 60 X 80mm, or 2.3" X 3.15".

Wow
 
Too small to be a belt plate and it looks like it had a pair of studs on the back for attaching to something solid. Maybe a trunk adornment...
 
Very nice,, it will be interesting to see where a positive I.D. will date it.
 
Wow, this is an interesting piece! Can't wait for an ID.

aj
 
The style of the R looks 18th C to me, as for its function?? Looks like it hooked on leather, so that limits the options to; on horse, on person, or on boxes/trunks
 
Eagle, Congrat's to you and your buddy on some nice finds. The plate looks really good. An ID should be coming pretty soon on this find. Best of luck to you.
 
I'm going with a horse rosette. I found two of them with a similar shape a couple of years ago. Found them with a couple of horse tack buckles, so I'm pretty sure they're rosettes. Mine are obviously not old, but they are brass as well.

DSC05884.webpDSC05882.webp
 
Thanks everybody for the replies! I'm still holding out for that slight chance it might be Rev. 99% of the stuff we find there is Rev. Until I see a positive picture that it's not I'll hold onto the tiny sliver of hope...lol.
 
Thanks everybody for the replies! I'm still holding out for that slight chance it might be Rev. 99% of the stuff we find there is Rev. Until I see a positive picture that it's not I'll hold onto the tiny sliver of hope...lol.

I think its more than a sliver, but it does need proving.
 
Cool find. Can you email A Rev War expert about it??? -Lisa & John
 
Very nice. My fingers are crossed for you also.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom