revisited site coughs up a $50 coin

L

lancemxt2006

hey everyone got out this morning as planed. went back to an old site of mine and ended up uncovering some more coins. started the day off with two wheat's both 46's, then walked into another area and ended up finding this beautiful 1870 Indian. hunted for another hour finding a few relics but it was pretty slow and on the way out i got another Indian a 1907, got a nice little pewter confederate soldier too.

i also found a fake ring and inside the band it reads 417 A S K ???? if anyone knows what that means let me know...

take it easy everybody as the season is comming to a end... :(

Attachments

• 1870 indian.jpg
    1870 indian.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 749
  • 1870 indian.jpg
    1870 indian.jpg
    2.3 KB · Views: 702
Upvote 0
WTG Lance! A few of those would pay for a detector. :)

Kent

thanks guys. i guess your right now that i look at it. i guess it is 10k. thanks alot for the info on the 417...

ill polish it up and repost a pic of it but the band is broken off...

HH lance

Cool finds!

HH

Lonewolfe

thanks everyone. good look on spotting that the ring was gold i didnt know 417 was 10k. i think it means 41.7 percent gold and that sure is 10k...

HH lance

WHEW! Glad you didn't trash it.

Nice IH by the way. :o I'd say you had a great hunt. 8)

Lance,
Awesome find on the 1970 Indian head!! IH's are hard enough to come by yet a 1870? Sweet. I was just bidding on one on ebay. I didn't win it ....went up to about yes $50.

Statue is cool too. Man I wish I had a spot like you guys do. I'd be hittin it hard too. ;D

Any way to get a better scan of the IH?

HH
Bob

ps - got your message on the MXT. I'm going to have to buy me a Christmas present. ;)

thanks everyone. yeah Bob it would be a very good investment to get the MXT if you plan on getting a back up machine. ill try to get a better scan on the Indian. i need to enlarge it so that i can get you and the rest of everyone viewing a better pic with more detail.
here ill through a pic on with this reply and hope that it is a little bit clearer.

HH and good luck again on picking up that MXT i think that you will be very happy with it. i bought mine bran new at a dealership last year on December 22 that was also my Christmas gift for myself but boy did i work hard for the money to pay for it but it was all worth it... i love this hobby.

take it easy, lance

cant get a better pic of the coin that is all my scanner is putting out lol. sorry...

Attachments

• 1870 indian revised.jpg
    1870 indian revised.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 580
Nice Indian Head cent. My first and only one came out of the ground all coroded. You are very fortunate.
happy huntin
Rob

1870 is a nice year, i had gotten one once. I got in one hunt a 1870, 1872 and 1875 in about an half hour on a night hunt in a shaved yard once.

thanks guys. man to find a 1870, 1872, and a 1875 all in one night is great... to bad you didnt pick up a 1877, i hope one day that i come across one of those.

HH lance

Congrats on the key date I H .A find like that is a great way to end the season.
That lead soldier is a nice relic find. You had a good day huntin for sure.
HH!

thanks... if you or anyone else knows more about those pewter statues please let me know because this confederate soldier is like my 10 pewter statue at least and i have always thought that they might be of some value but i just don't know the history on them...

take it easy, lance

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back