What's new

Revolutionary War ?

foundation hunter

Full Member
Joined
Jun 2, 2009
Messages
193
Reaction score
5
Golden Thread
0
Location
Terryville
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum
I really would like some help on this Pewter button dug at an 1700s tavern site,it looks like theres a sun in the middle with rays could me some numbers,i know i dont post much anymore but if anybody knows anything let me know.
Thanks Gary
 

Attachments

  • DSCF1463.webp
    DSCF1463.webp
    23 KB · Views: 417
  • DSCF1473.webp
    DSCF1473.webp
    37.3 KB · Views: 430
seal that button fast! or your gonna have a pile of pewter flakes
 
Upvote 0
Hmmm Bummer. Initially I felt it could have been one of the 2nd Foot guard (Coldstream Guard) Buttons, or 3rd Foot (Scots Guards) listed in "Military Buttons of the American Revolutionary War by DonTroiani, but further research shows a no match.

I'm sorry. Very nice Civilian Pewter button!
 

Attachments

  • 2011-05-15 001.webp
    2011-05-15 001.webp
    78.1 KB · Views: 371
  • 2011-05-15 002.webp
    2011-05-15 002.webp
    38.4 KB · Views: 392
Upvote 0
Im no expert but that butoon is an oldie for sure! I hope the best on it being REV war but Im no expert on that era-yet lol
Looks to have potential to me!
 
Upvote 0
Woodland Detectors said:
Hmmm Bummer. Initially I felt it could have been one of the 2nd Foot guard (Coldstream Guard) Buttons listed in "Military Buttons of the American Revolutionary War by DonTroiani, but further research shows a no match.

I'm sorry. Very nice Civilian Pewter button!
oh well,still a nice old colonial no doubt
 
Upvote 0
Definitely a 1700's Pewter Button, it looks alot like a military button but I believe its civilian as well, you never know though, it could've been used by some colonial in the Revolutionary War. Great Button!! :headbang: :icon_thumleft: :wink:
 
Upvote 0
Thanks everyone for all the help,this tavern site has produced lot of coppers and buttons all from the 1700s,but now all the ground is being torn up by tree cutters taking big oaks and exposing a lot of new targets.
 
Upvote 0
{Sentinel} said:
Definitely a 1700's Pewter Button, it looks alot like a military button but I believe its civilian as well, you never know though, it could've been used by some colonial in the Revolutionary War. Great Button!! :headbang: :icon_thumleft: :wink:

agreed
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom