What's new

Rick and me spring swing.

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2011
Messages
2,766
Reaction score
1,374
Golden Thread
0
Location
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First let my apologize for posting this up late, I have been really busy and have just cleaned up my finds. If you haven't yet read Rick's post http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/today-s-finds/460433-20-coppers-zdd-me-first-swing-spring.html then you really should jump over and have a look. We decided to start the season off at some of the fields that we have hit many times but are still producing and boy are they.
I managed to get 7 coppers to Ricks 13 but I did get some beauties including a KG II, KG III Irish, KG III 1799, 1814 Halifax half penny token, and 3 toasted coppers. I also got a nice surprise when I found the second half of a colonial nut cracker, I found the first half last year in an area that we found mostly all 1700s coins and artifacts. but the find of the day turned out to be my Royal Navy button.
20150429_192825.webp 20150429_193228.webp 20150426_220320.webp

20150429_194012.webp 20150429_194027.webp

20150426_195836.webp 20150426_195917.webp

HH everyone,
ZDD
 
Upvote 16

Congrats on all those early coppers Dave! :thumbsup:

The nut cracker and the Navy button are great finds, especially since you now have a complete cracker! :laughing7:

Dave
 
Man that's a gorgeous button Dave! Killer day fellas
 
The Button is a beauty, with the gilt left on the design, and not elsewhere, makes for nice eye appeal IMO.
I say congrats on that one.
You got dates on 3 coppers which is better than me too. One of mine was also Irish, but in sad shape.

The "local" token is cool I'm not sure I have that one. a better look.

untitled.webp

EDIT, Looks like you got a cuff link button, the oval shaped one, is there anything on that one ? if so give us a close up.
 
Sweet finds. I got to get out that way with you guys for a hunt someday or vice versa! [emoji2]
 
WTG on the great start to the season, yes the coppers are nice but the button and crackers are tops.
 
Wow Dave - if you guys made that many finds in a heavily hunted field, there has to be a lot more. Congrats on the big pile of coppers, but that navy button is the prize of the hunt IMO.
 
Yeah you guys killed on that hunt! All nice finds, the button is really cool, and I can't believe you found the other half of that nutcracker haha!
 
Very well done. Congrats on all of the nice finds. GL&HH.
 
Great looking button. A thin coat of Vaseline will keep it looking the way it is in your hand.
 
Great site you guys have out there for detecting ! That nutcracker tool is a great dig, button is nice too ! :occasion14:
 
Nice relics! Well done!
 
The Button is a beauty, with the gilt left on the design, and not elsewhere, makes for nice eye appeal IMO.
I say congrats on that one.
You got dates on 3 coppers which is better than me too. One of mine was also Irish, but in sad shape.

The "local" token is cool I'm not sure I have that one. a better look.

View attachment 1154575

EDIT, Looks like you got a cuff link button, the oval shaped one, is there anything on that one ? if so give us a close up.
No cuff button, just the way the tombac looks in the photo.
ZDD
 
Wow Dave - if you guys made that many finds in a heavily hunted field, there has to be a lot more. Congrats on the big pile of coppers, but that navy button is the prize of the hunt IMO.
Thanks Bill, I am sure that there are still some great finds there. The site would be a good one for sifting because there is a lot of small pieces of iron all over it and the area is not that big.
ZDD
 
Great finds there…definitely a good way to start the new season…Hope you have many more just like that one!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom