Oct 5, 2007
Somewhere in Michiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus for now
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got out on Wednesday for a bit of detecting since it was such a nice day. Temps were comfy, but those pesky gnats just don't stay out of my face kinda' days, but I did make the best of it.

Decided to hit a local baseball diamond at one of the local parks, and I didn't cross the county line, so no need to worry about me pilfering your site Jersey Devil :laughing7:

One of the first plugs had a $1 quarter spill, so that was a nice one to get the coin tally to add up quickly. Pulled some dimes, a few pennies, and another quarter. Being that this part was an old dump I also dug a few of those strong signals being that this part of the park is where I found that Hagerdorn's Buffet Token last year.

No real goodies came out of there this time, but one did show up on my way back to the car.

I got a nice VDI of 80 and was showing Penny/Dime on the readout. Being that I hadn't dug anything for a while I thought what the heck. Pop the plug out of the ground and located the target in the plug. First impressions was that I had dug a pop-tab and I started cursing at myself for diggin such a target, then I remembered that pop-tabs hit around 19-20 VDI and gave it a tug to free it from the grass roots that had already entwined themselves in it. Turned out to be a 925 Silver ring with a Blue Topaz :icon_thumleft:

First ring with the V3i :blob7:

Thanks for looking and HH
DJH

Attachments

• Park+9-29-2010+(3).gif
    Park+9-29-2010+(3).gif
    329.3 KB · Views: 231
  • Park+9-29-2010+(1)A.gif
    Park+9-29-2010+(1)A.gif
    171.7 KB · Views: 243
  • Park 9-29-2010 (1).JPG
    Park 9-29-2010 (1).JPG
    20.4 KB · Views: 276
OP
OP
diggin jimmy hoffa

diggin jimmy hoffa

Oct 5, 2007
Somewhere in Michiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus for now
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
vibes said:
DJH...what a great find....love, love, love the bling:)
Yeah, it's one of the nicest ones I've found, but sad to say, it was confiscated ;D if you know what I mean

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice looking ring. I hope to get out this Sunday as I am working 6 days a week now....Matt

tmanfromtexas

Mar 12, 2006
Deep East Texas near Toledo Bend
Detector(s) used
ETRAC BABY
Glad to see you finally found something with that V3 you traitor. LOL. Since I have been back home, I havent picked up the etrac except to move it from the rv to the house. lol. I have an old farm site that I have permission to hunt so when i finish this little 7/12 job I am gonna go scavaging. TMAN...

OP
OP
diggin jimmy hoffa

diggin jimmy hoffa

Oct 5, 2007
Somewhere in Michiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus for now
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
vibes said:
Greg took it, huh?

That is so Funny yet true :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:

Going to Area-Dirty 1 zone C on Sunday. Hopin' for the goodies, as we only hit that area once before.
Wish us luck :thumbsup:

OP
OP
diggin jimmy hoffa

diggin jimmy hoffa

Oct 5, 2007
Somewhere in Michiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus for now
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tmanfromtexas said:
Glad to see you finally found something with that V3 you traitor.
Hey!
Watch it you Pilferin' Pirate :laughing7:
Come to our state and pillage the soil for our silver then turn tail and run back home :tongue3:
If you need any pointers on how to power up the Trac, give me a shout. I might remember where the power button is located :laughing7:
L8r
DJH

OP
OP
diggin jimmy hoffa

diggin jimmy hoffa

Oct 5, 2007
Somewhere in Michiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus for now
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
calisdad said:
;D I was thinking it was Jimmy Hoffa's pinky ring then I noticed your screen name.
If it were, I wouldn't post it :laughing7:

'Fraid I'd end up like him or worse ;D

OP
OP
diggin jimmy hoffa

diggin jimmy hoffa

Oct 5, 2007
Somewhere in Michiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus for now
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mlayers said:
Nice looking ring. I hope to get out this Sunday as I am working 6 days a week now....Matt
Thanks Matt,
This year's been one busy summer it seems for most of us here in our neck of the woods. Weather isn't cooperative when we have a chance to hunt and when it is, it seems we all have something else to do whether it be home repairs or kids school activities.
Sundays are about all we've been limited to here as well.
Hope you get some goodies on Sunday
L8r
DJH

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
diggin jimmy hoffa said:
vibes said:
Greg took it, huh?

That is so Funny yet true :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:

Going to Area-Dirty 1 zone C on Sunday. Hopin' for the goodies, as we only hit that area once before.

I'm taking that young newbie, Mishawka hunter, out to hunt on Sunday.

I don't remember the location of Area Dirty-1 (south?). If so we might just run into youse guys:) Good Luck!

OP
OP
diggin jimmy hoffa

diggin jimmy hoffa

Oct 5, 2007
Somewhere in Michiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus for now
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
vibes said:
I don't remember the location of Area Dirty-1 (south?). If so we might just run into youse guys:) Good Luck!
Zone C is a part of Area Dirty-One but is not directly attached. Gotta go North and East of where we've been huntin'
Only hunted there once and I found a war nickle.

We were informed of a lost wedding band at that property and will give it a go to find it. Greg's getting more info. on that so we know what we're looking for.

Good luck on Sunday

tmanfromtexas

Mar 12, 2006
Deep East Texas near Toledo Bend
Detector(s) used
ETRAC BABY
vibes said:
diggin jimmy hoffa said:
vibes said:
Greg took it, huh?

Well only to be fair, you need to take him to some of the places you took me piratess. Some of those parks were barren except for the one I found the Indian head at. I figured one of two things must have happened at those parks. Absolutely nothing as there wasnt anything to dig OR they had been pillaged heavily to a point that nothing was there. Anyways, wish I was up there hunting instead of at work working. TMAN...

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
tmanfromtexas said:
vibes said:
diggin jimmy hoffa said:
vibes said:
Greg took it, huh?

TMAN...I'm taking the newb on a road trip south. The plan is to do a little bottle digging and some small town park MD'ing...which ever seems to be the most lucrative:)

I'm bored with the spots around these parts, ya know? Well of course ya do...it's slim pickins.

Well only to be fair, you need to take him to some of the places you took me piratess. Some of those parks were barren except for the one I found the Indian head at. I figured one of two things must have happened at those parks. Absolutely nothing as there wasnt anything to dig OR they had been pillaged heavily to a point that nothing was there. Anyways, wish I was up there hunting instead of at work working. TMAN...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread