What's new

Ring looking thing..

deepskyal

Bronze Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2007
Messages
1,927
Reaction score
62
Golden Thread
0
Location
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Found this fairly close to an old mid 1800's mine entrance...coal or copper mine, still not 100% sure but have heard both were mined here.

It appears to be made from brass, was pretty pitted with that greenish patina to it when I dug it.

There isn't any markings or anything and at first I thought a mans ring. It is loose on my fingers but someone with fatter fingers could wear it.

The face...the flat oval part, I thought maybe a stone might have been attached to it...but the 2 wings off the side didn't make it seem like a ring someone would wear...but they do just happen to tuck inside the palm comfortably if it was a ring....but are slightly off equal distance from the oval part.
It is thinner on the longer space so maybe it somehow got stretched.

It seems complete and shows no signs of being broken off anything else.

I dont know...maybe someone else might figure this one out.
Thanks,
Al
 

Attachments

  • DSCF1785.webp
    DSCF1785.webp
    28.9 KB · Views: 460
  • DSCF1788.webp
    DSCF1788.webp
    24.5 KB · Views: 435
  • DSCF1789.webp
    DSCF1789.webp
    26.4 KB · Views: 442
  • DSCF1790.webp
    DSCF1790.webp
    27.9 KB · Views: 429
  • DSCF1791.webp
    DSCF1791.webp
    22.6 KB · Views: 432
What you have is the finger holder off of a candlestick. Maybe someone will find a pic but that is what it is.
 
Upvote 0
duggap said:
What you have is the finger holder off of a candlestick. Maybe someone will find a pic but that is what it is.

BINGO... thats what I had in my mind... I could'nt grasp it!

I dunno if that's correct, but thats what I was trying to zero in on! :)
 
Upvote 0
Wow....thanks...makes sense for something like that in an old mine....

It was bugging me too and almost suspected something of that nature.

Al
 
Upvote 0
Bump.

Not sure how to link/reference treads.

This was previous postings refer candle holder grip.
 
Upvote 0
IronSpike said:
Bump.

Not sure how to link/reference treads.
This was previous postings refer candle holder grip.
Copy and paste the current page link from your bar thingy on top. (the part with http://forum.treasurenet.com/ in front). ...or type it all by hand with http:// in front.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom