🏆 HONORABLE MENTION Ring returned after 40 years.

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As my wife likes to say “No good Deed goes unpunished” This especially held true late last month when I saw a dog walking down the middle of the road. She was a beautiful dog, a Beagle of about 5 years of age and as friendly as any dog I have ever met.

So, when I picked her up, I had no issues with her licking my ears as we went from house to house in search of her rightful owner. And when darkness fell, the trip home and subsequent uneventful introduction to my other two dogs and the warm bath and knap in front of the fireplace only solidified my affection for this temporary guest.

8CABD0D0-7E38-4BA7-9832-209792A41C3D.jpeg FFA629E9-133E-4E39-B358-EA1F128C8D77.jpeg

And as quick as a snake bite, everything changed. My wife and I spent the rest of the night at the emergency veterinarian with our littlest dog trying to figure out what had just happened!

AB79FD8B-FBED-482C-8E89-6753ACD32895.jpeg

Two weeks later, when I found this East Rutherford high school Class ring, the dog incident was still fresh in my mind. Was i looking for more punishment? I guess we all have the occasional lapse of judgment so i made it a point to be a little more careful in the return process.

22BEC321-CFF5-4CEC-BB61-1E27D152B1EF.jpeg C896E25A-8AEC-4F04-8BD0-1DD877DBD9D0.jpeg

Engraved inside the ring were three initials. Armed with those initials and the Graduation year of 1973 I made contact with a woman on Facebook who Graduated from East Rutherford the same year. Within hours she provided a list of names and within three days I was talking to the owner on the phone.

After a short conversation I found out the ring had been lost around 1980 here in Greensboro NC. The owner now lives in Myrtle Beach SC so getting the ring to him did not prove to be very difficult. Since my brother was going to North Myrtle Beach on Dec. 23rd I just sent the ring with him and the return was completed without incident on that same day.

D73842C3-96BF-4B94-95D9-95D16C751BAC.jpeg

And the best part is…. This good deed went unpunished!

Last edited:

ecmo

Feb 28, 2016
Missouri
Detector(s) used
macro racer 2, whites mx5, whites mx sport, trx pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good story, good find and return. How's your little pup doin, hope well, and whatever became of the "sweet" beagle or should I not ask? :grin:

OP
OP
Ammoman

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good story, good find and return. How's your little pup doin, hope well, and whatever became of the "sweet" beagle or should I not ask? :grin:

Jazzy lost her eye but otherwise came out of it ok. Here is a picture of her before she lost the eye and a picture of her fully recovered.

IMG_3019.jpg IMG_3377.jpg

As for the dog? I don't blame the dog. Every animal has its hangups and this one happened to have food aggression.
Jazzy was walking past the dog to go outside when it turned and attacked her. Good thing my wife and i were both right there when it happened.

The dog went to an animal shelter where she was adopted a couple days later.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Sorry that happened to Jazzy. My wife and I have 3 small dogs and we love them dearly.
Congratulations on the successful return.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats on the return, sorry to hear about the injury to the pet.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GREAT story Thanks for being a ANIMAL LOVER :)

JeffDowns

Jan 8, 2019
Virginia
Detector(s) used
AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As my wife likes to say “No good Deed goes unpunished” This especially held true late last month when I saw a dog walking down the middle of the road. She was a beautiful dog, a Beagle of about 5 years of age and as friendly as any dog I have ever met.

So, when I picked her up, I had no issues with her licking my ears as we went from house to house in search of her rightful owner. And when darkness fell, the trip home and subsequent uneventful introduction to my other two dogs and the warm bath and knap in front of the fireplace only solidified my affection for this temporary guest.

View attachment 1889646 View attachment 1889753

And as quick as a snake bite, everything changed. My wife and I spent the rest of the night at the emergency veterinarian with our littlest dog trying to figure out what had just happened!

View attachment 1889651

Two weeks later, when I found this East Rutherford high school Class ring, the dog incident was still fresh in my mind. Was i looking for more punishment? I guess we all have the occasional lapse of judgment so i made it a point to be a little more careful in the return process.

View attachment 1889647 View attachment 1889650

Engraved inside the ring were three initials. Armed with those initials and the Graduation year of 1973 I made contact with a woman on Facebook who Graduated from East Rutherford the same year. Within hours she provided a list of names and within three days I was talking to the owner on the phone.

After a short conversation I found out the ring had been lost around 1980 here in Greensboro NC. The owner now lives in Myrtle Beach SC so getting the ring to him did not prove to be very difficult. Since my brother was going to North Myrtle Beach on Dec. 23rd I just sent the ring with him and the return was completed without incident on that same day.

View attachment 1889648

And the best part is…. This good deed went unpunished!
Great story. Thanks for sharing. Congratulations on the find and return.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread