Ringers

Icewing

Silver Member
Jan 5, 2016
NW Arkanslaw
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900 / Garrett PropointerAT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lately I've been focused much less on old coins and moreso on trying to find a few more civil war relics for my display case. In this area civil war relics can be found, however getting permission anyplace that's not burried under a foot of sedimentation and trash from floods, hasn't been developed, and hasn't already been scoured by previous diggers is nearly impossible. In some cases I've spent more time kissing ass trying to get permission than actual hunting.

Anyway I went out scouting some back roads, knocked on a few doors and quickly sent on my way. The last place I stopped I know had been hunted before the current owner purchased it and put a stop to detecting because his son wanted to hunt it. Well that was a few years ago, and I was running our of time to waste, so I stopped and knocked. Nobody's home... rats. Luckily as I'm driving back down their long driveway they pulled in and I got my chance to ask. He was a nice guy but insisted his son had hunted all over the property and never found anything and gave up. So I knew there was a chance, so I said, Well it's a big place, would it be ok if I just satisfied my curiosity? He thought for a second and gave me the go ahead.

I fold a pretty pink arrowhead (broken) while digging a piece of trash and a shredded $10 bill out by his mailbox, but no war relics. So before I left I took the $10 bill and the point and gave them to the land owner, and got permission to return.

Well it was worth it because I came back the next morning and found what I was looking for. Aside from all the horse shoes and other junk I found two .58 caliber ringers and a buckshot. Not as many keepers as I'd like to have found but it was way better than getting skunked.

tmp_20025-20170422_1629341530993636.jpg
tmp_20025-20170423_190934439996860.jpg

Upvote 7

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Persistence paid off!

Nice three ringers and pink blade/scraper.

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
you did the right thing and who knows, this guy might be able to open a door for you elsewhere.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread