What's new

rip Steve jobs

metal mania

Hero Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2009
Messages
576
Reaction score
50
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never met you my friend but your light shone as like a guiding star.
our lives are enriched beyond measure we all admired you from afar.

One man one vision one goal Queen sang you fulfilled this description so well.
Along with gates Wozniak and Berners-Lee you blazed a trail on the silicon way.

so goodbye my friend and take your place in the celestial palace

condolences and respect to this great man family.
 
Think of it... a college drop-out... started a multi-billion dollar company... in his garage! Is there still hope for the rest of us?? TTC
 
I met him and Woz in 1984 when I was just 24 years old. I had just moved to CA and my first job was as a freelancer video tech on the tour for the unveiling of the Macintosh. I went to work for that company full time and became the account manager for Apple and flew to Cupertino 2x a month to meet with their engineers. Video projection was in it's infancy and we developed the technology to interface the Mac's to the state of the art video projectors of the time. It was the first time you could show the computer screen to a audience of 1000 people while you were demonstrating it's capabilities. I was also lucky enough to meet James Blinn from the JPL and a gentlrman named John Lassiter from a little unknown compaany called Pixar when I worked with SIGGRAPH in 1987. He had animated a short movie, using a computer only, about a lamp and a ball. The rest is history. RIP Steve.
 
Rooter said:
I met him and Woz in 1984 when I was just 24 years old. I had just moved to CA and my first job was as a freelancer video tech on the tour for the unveiling of the Macintosh. I went to work for that company full time and became the account manager for Apple and flew to Cupertino 2x a month to meet with their engineers. Video projection was in it's infancy and we developed the technology to interface the Mac's to the state of the art video projectors of the time. It was the first time you could show the computer screen to a audience of 1000 people while you were demonstrating it's capabilities. I was also lucky enough to meet James Blinn from the JPL and a gentlrman named John Lassiter from a little unknown compaany called Pixar when I worked with SIGGRAPH in 1987. He had animated a short movie, using a computer only, about a lamp and a ball. The rest is history. RIP Steve.
I met Sir Richard Branson (Virgin Atlantic) When he and Fossett came through the south gate at Kennedy Space Center. Fossett was doing that round the world trip without refueling. The shuttle landing facility (runway) is 3 miles long. Fossett needed LOTS of runway to take off. Get this... Branson, a billionaire, came in on a KSC tour bus.... with only one "attendant".... in jeans and jean-jacket. A real regular guy. Got his autograph. Neat! TTC
 
A man with a vision that changed the world. R.I.P. Steve.
 
TerryC said:
Think of it... a college drop-out... started a multi-billion dollar company... in his garage! Is there still hope for the rest of us?? TTC

I am next! I am a high school drop out and have a successful business, and working on a big multi-million dollar project.

Richard Branson was an hour from my town a couple weeks ago, I didn't get to go, but he is an amazing guy.
 
relichunters said:
TerryC said:
Think of it... a college drop-out... started a multi-billion dollar company... in his garage! Is there still hope for the rest of us?? TTC

I am next! I am a high school drop out and have a successful business, and working on a big multi-million dollar project.

Richard Branson was an hour from my town a couple weeks ago, I didn't get to go, but he is an amazing guy.
Sir Branson talked and laughed with me as an equal. Of course, when I asked for his autograph he said, "Sure. Who am I to deny a man with a machine gun?" TTC
 
queen sang ? --another one bites the dust. ---we all die --it is how we live and how we treat others while we live that matters. - jobs gave a lot of money to many "worthy" causes. :thumbsup:
 
Yep, I'm among the legion that has no trouble attaining and maintaining mediocrity. There goes a guy who couldn't get down to mediocrity if he weighted his ankles, wrists and neck with it.

Some folks are just natural visionaries who chase dreams and create the future.

The bulk of us have trouble knowing where in the present tense we are...

Too bad he didn't spend a little time on TH'ing technology. We'd have this LRL thing down pat!
 
All the "kids" who want a "meaningful tattoo" would rather get one of a drug addicted signer than someone who really changed the world.

I remember using an early IIe in college--what a time saver when writing my research reports. Thanks for helping to change the world Steve.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom