Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Banning, California
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
rvrsidegold2.jpg

Ok here's one of the things I have been sitting on, the above, is a picture of a mountain area in Southern California that is known to have at least 3 mines located within them. How do I know ?? Here are the drawing from the geologist who explored them.....

tailings2.jpg

I don't know why I didn't have the pic of the tunnels and tailings... Sorry gang But lets see if someone can find out where this is... Challenge ???

PLL

highdesertranger

Sep 23, 2008
so kalifornia
Detector(s) used
gmt, falcon md20
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
hey pll how about a clue or two like were is north and were are the drifts in which wash thanks.
highdesertranger

auferret

Sep 25, 2007
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Sunray DX-1
Falcon MD20
Garrett Seahunter Mark II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What do I win????

winner.jpg

OP
OP
pegleglooker

pegleglooker

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Banning, California
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey gang,
Now see that wasn't too hard....It's actually a area that " I think " you can't go to. It's the Jurupa Cultural Center and it's mainly for the kids, here's a link for some fun things to do.
http://www.jmcc.us/field.htm
It's been so long since I posted this I will have to find out where I got the link for the mines.. I will get back as soon as I can...

CONGRATS AUFERRET ( I guess the name REALLY applies )

PLL

auferret

Sep 25, 2007
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Sunray DX-1
Falcon MD20
Garrett Seahunter Mark II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks PLL. I had no idea just how many golf courses and water tanks were in Riverside Co. I kept looking around the outskirts of the populated areas and was about to give up. I'll watch my mailbox for the black nugget you're gonna send as a prize. ::)

DEMERSON

Dec 17, 2008
Hemet,ca
Detector(s) used
fisher F2
I know exactly where that is. i grew up in rubidoux. and we used to ride dirt bikes in the area below the water tanks. if you drive down the 60fwy west just past the pyrite st offramp you can see tailing piles up on the hill to the left. i always wondered. :icon_scratch: :thumbsup:

OP
OP
pegleglooker

pegleglooker

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Banning, California
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey gang,
If you guys are going up, let me know.. I'm off on Thr & Fri starting after the Superbowl.. I can be there in about 20 min. ( I live up in Reche Canyon ). Maybe we can do a early hunt on Superbowl Sunday ????

PLL

OP
OP
pegleglooker

pegleglooker

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Banning, California
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey srferjo,
I sent you a email about meeting tomorrow, and have not received a answer... So I guess I'm assuming we are not on for tomorrow ?? If we are please let me know as soon as you can....

Thankx
PLL

BruceHuffington

Feb 13, 2006
So-Cal
Detector(s) used
Minelab GP3000
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Better go tomarrow AM, looks like rain later in the day and thru the weekend.

I was going to go to Ocotillo Wells this weekend but the weather is looking grim.

OP
OP
pegleglooker

pegleglooker

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Banning, California
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
srfer,
Got it !!! Thankx... We WILL do this soon... I hope you get better, and hope to hear from soon...

get well my friend

PLL

BruceHuffington

Feb 13, 2006
So-Cal
Detector(s) used
Minelab GP3000
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If any of you guys want to go out to the desert... Salton Sea / Ocotillo Wells area (or anywhere else)let me know. I have a good offroad vehicle and have a pretty flexible work schedule. I was getting jealous reading this thread, then none of you left the house ! ! !

Huffington
Torrance, CA

OP
OP
pegleglooker

pegleglooker

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Banning, California
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Bruce,
I hear ya... I was getting a little cabin fever, then rain &%^%#@@!@! !!!!! I may take you you up on that offer for the desert though... There are some areas I would love to go... What kind of 4x4 do you have ?? and can you get the later part of the week off ( meaning Wed-Fri ) ?? Let me know... maybe we could hook up in a couple of weeks... I'd be willing to pay for the gas :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

PLL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread