Rich Hartford
Silver Member
Spent the morning figuring out this months CHR strategy. I'm leaning toward ordering four boxes of halves a week, and picking up $2,000.00 in dimes everyday.
This plan may have to be re tuned after today's hunt.
So I got off to a late start and forgot that it was welfare check day, which means long lines at the banks I hit. It also means that I won't be able to pick up my dimes at the usual spots. I was only able to hit a few banks for halves getting one loose 40% and another one out of $150.00 in Fed rolls.
Picked up $100.00 in dimes and two hand rolls of quarters,both of which were skunks.
I headed North to Massachusetts and hit a few banks there getting nothing, so I picked up $400.00 in hand rolled dimes at one bank, and $1500.00 in handrolled dimes,and a $500.00 bag at another bank and headed home.
When I got home I checked the dimes which stunk. No short rolls, but plenty of Canadian, and very little silver.
Ended up getting one 80% Canadian and 7 Rosies. That's it ! The folks from Mass. have a keen eye for the silver edge when they make up their dime rolls.
It took me a couple of hours to search through the dimes which cut into my jogging time. So I'll scrap the plan of picking up $2000.00 in dimes daily. Maybe pick up that much once a week and some quarters.
Almost forgot, one of the rolls had painted silver edges. Poor paint job which I spotted right away.
Later on, just out of boredom, I checked to see how many (Non silver) Candian nickels, dimes, quarters, etc. I had. Pretty close to $100.00.
I used to re-roll the Canadians and send them back,but now that I use coin machines that reject them, they've been accumulating. Maybe save them up to pay for a Canadian CRH expedition.
This plan may have to be re tuned after today's hunt.
So I got off to a late start and forgot that it was welfare check day, which means long lines at the banks I hit. It also means that I won't be able to pick up my dimes at the usual spots. I was only able to hit a few banks for halves getting one loose 40% and another one out of $150.00 in Fed rolls.
Picked up $100.00 in dimes and two hand rolls of quarters,both of which were skunks.
I headed North to Massachusetts and hit a few banks there getting nothing, so I picked up $400.00 in hand rolled dimes at one bank, and $1500.00 in handrolled dimes,and a $500.00 bag at another bank and headed home.
When I got home I checked the dimes which stunk. No short rolls, but plenty of Canadian, and very little silver.
Ended up getting one 80% Canadian and 7 Rosies. That's it ! The folks from Mass. have a keen eye for the silver edge when they make up their dime rolls.
It took me a couple of hours to search through the dimes which cut into my jogging time. So I'll scrap the plan of picking up $2000.00 in dimes daily. Maybe pick up that much once a week and some quarters.
Almost forgot, one of the rolls had painted silver edges. Poor paint job which I spotted right away.
Later on, just out of boredom, I checked to see how many (Non silver) Candian nickels, dimes, quarters, etc. I had. Pretty close to $100.00.
I used to re-roll the Canadians and send them back,but now that I use coin machines that reject them, they've been accumulating. Maybe save them up to pay for a Canadian CRH expedition.
Upvote
0







