What's new

Road Trip 8/26/09

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2008
Messages
4,291
Reaction score
5
Golden Thread
0
Tough road trip today hunting through the jungles of Connecticut. Could not find a silver half to save my life. I was picking up plenty to dump though.
In desperation for some silver, I picked up $100.00 bag of loose dimes (Skunk), $200.00 in customer rolled dimes(4 Rosies), and a box of dimes (3 Rosies & 80% Canadian)

Last bank on the trip I picked up a $100.00 in rolled halves. Got 18 40% out of that bunch.
Todays total:
1x Canadian dime 80%
7x Roosevelt dimes
18x 40% Kennedy halves

I got a call from a teller who says she has a bagfull of silver dollars that she will sell to me at face tomorrow. I know that she knows what silver is. I did not ask her if they were Ikes or what, because I did not want to appear too anxious.
So we will see tomorrow. Maybe I'll hit the jackpot or maybe I'll be paying for my gas in clad Ikes.
 
Upvote 0
Very respectable results on the road trip!!
I hope you get what you hope you'll get tomorrow!!
- Grizz
 
Hopefully you will have some silver in those silver dollars. Good job on the 40's.
 
Anticipation....... It's keeping me waiting. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Mojo
 
You would be one of the luckiest men alive if they were all silver. Did she say how many were in the bag???? Good luck.

Golden Silver
 
Not trying to get your hopes up, but if she mentioned the term "face value", then they could be something big. Why would a teller mention that they are selling you come type of coin for "face value" if they are clad Ikes or halves or anything else? Unless you are buying from her personal stash or collection, it should always be face value when getting coins from a bank.

Might be interesting.

Jim
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom