What's new

Road Trip Silver!

cmhoose

Sr. Member
Joined
May 2, 2006
Messages
250
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Location
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett
On Friday, dandow20 and I teamed up to hit the open road in quest of silver. And silver is what we found. The day had been steady with 40%'s sprinkled here and there. Then it happened. We find a $515.00 bag of halves off of a machine that is loaded with silver. There were Walkers just sitting on top! The bag produced: Walkers: 36, Franklins: 57, and a few 64's and 40%'s. Every handfull out of the bag seemed to have silver. Amazing! :o

Walkers: 2 dateless, 1936, 1937, 1940, 1941 x 5, 1941-s, 1942 x 3, 1943 x 7, 1943-d, 1943-s x 2, 1944 x 4, 1944-d x 3, 1944-s,
1945 x 2, 1946-s, 1947

Franklins: 1948-d x 2, 1950 x 2, 1951 x 2, 1951-d, 1952 x 2, 1952-d x 5, 1952-s x 3, 1953-d x 6, 1954, 1954-d x 3, 1957-d x 4,
1958-d x 3, 1960, 1960-d x 2, 1961, 1961-d x 2, 1962-d x 4, 1963-d x 12

The trip was teriffic. Teamwork resulted in some great finds.

Trip totals:
Banks = 42
Walkers = 37
Franklins = 57
64's = 7
40%'s = 71
NIFC's = Only a roll kept (many were probably missed due to mostly rim searching)
Proofs = 1

A pic of my half of the take:
 

Attachments

  • Feb Road Trip Silver 1.webp
    Feb Road Trip Silver 1.webp
    21.7 KB · Views: 444
Upvote 0
A great day...I still remember the teller bringing out the bag. Plops it up on the counter and I see a lady liberty staring at me plus another silver. She asks if I want to count it... I say no, I'll take your word for it!!! I rush out to the car and onto the next bank as cmhoose takes handful after handful out with lady liberties everywhere. I nearly tossed those 40's out the window as they were useless now... j/k.

It goes to show you ladies and gentlemen, that sometimes the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. Teamwork is the key. Searched approximately $4600 on the day and traveled roughly 170 miles.
 
i would like that !!!
 
Great, Great, Great

DW
 
Wow, that is amazing. My heart would have stopped. :thumbsup:
 
WOW, you two had a great road trip, Congrats to the both of you guys :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 
Very nice!!! :thumbsup:
 
How in the world do you split it all? I might have just made my partner dissapear :icon_pirat:

Great Road Trip

Golden Silver
 
Very nice road trip. I am also wondering how the spoils are being split.
 
I think there were actually 56 BFs

I took 19 WL, 28 BFs, 3 64s and 36 40s. He took the rest. He took a token (you can see in the pic) and the proof, which he doesn't need so it'll probably end up coming this way eventually. I took the NIFCs as I've found very little and the Eire half (Irish). I waived off charging him gas (I'm such a nice guy...) when he gave me 10 old whitman folders and exchanged me silver quarters for my set.

I'd try it out sometime, I had a blast and we plan on going again sometime...that is, if it's ok with our wives! Haha, HH all!
 
golden silver said:
How in the world do you split it all? I might have just made my partner dissapear :icon_pirat:

Great Road Trip

Golden Silver

Yeah, it was a pretty easy split. I already had my Franklin set, and most of the Walkers. So, we separated them by dates and gave him the best of each date. I just wanted them for the silver! But if there had been a key date or a sweet commemorative, we would have had to fight to the death. LOL! ;D

cmhoose
 
Very Very Nice Love all the SILVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom